When did you emigrate to America?

Old May 6th 2012, 3:42 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you emigrate to America?

LHR->BOS->PWM April 28th, 2001 on a K-1
Old May 7th 2012, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

LHR->LAX, May 31st 2011, on my own. Picked up a rental and spent the next 3 hours in a traffic jam!! :-)
Old May 7th 2012, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

OH came in 1996. It took me 3 years to agree to come and join him, on the proviso I was only coming for 2 years MAX. So March 1999 I left Man for JFK arrived in Syracuse the next day then 3 months later found myself in Omaha. We were supposed to be returning to the UK in 2001. However I was drugged and abducted and taken to Washington, where I have been held ever since However sometime this year I realised that I actually quite like it here despite my protestations and can actually see myself staying. But don't tell the old man....................
Old May 7th 2012, 6:46 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Jan 16th 2010. LHR - IAH. Came over leaving me ex-fiancé in the UK. Decided she wasn't for me after all, met an American girl, fell in love, now happily married with an amazing little boy. Been an eventful few years
Can't see myself ever returning to the UK.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:09 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BellaE
March 15th, 1966.
Bella, I now pronounce you to be the person on this forum who has lived the longest in America (that we know of anyway). You have beaten Paddington Green by one month.

Originally Posted by Bink
Came over leaving me ex-fiancé in the UK.
Was your ex-fiance angry that you changed your mind?
Old May 7th 2012, 9:21 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
Was your ex-fiance angry that you changed your mind?
She was. We'd been dating nearly 10 years.

It was a mess, involved a legal battle as we owned a house in the UK and created a great deal of stress.

It's funny how you don't see the severity of a situation until you're out of it, no matter how hard it's slapping you in the face.

Anyway, it was the right decision. For me at least. She had changed her mind about coming over to the States and in her words, didn't want to let her work down moving over. For me, moving back to the UK wasn't an option. I much prefer it here. Now I have an awesome family here, life has just got better.

I think I'm one of the few on here that is genuinely happy in the States. Seems quite a few peeps on here would rather not be here.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:26 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

We'd been dating nearly 10 years.(
If a man hasn't married you after 10 years of dating, he never will.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:50 pm
Rootbeeraholic

If a man hasn't married you after 10 years of dating, he never will.
Well, yes. Easy to look back now and see it should've ended earlier but at the time it wasn't so easy to see.

Ah well, we live and learn. Did things a bit quicker in America!
Old May 7th 2012, 11:54 pm
Banned

Easy to look back now and see it should've ended earlier but at the time it wasn't so easy to see.
We make our own walls.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:01 am
Rootbeeraholic

We make our own walls.
We do indeed.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:29 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm one of the few on here that is genuinely happy in the States. Seems quite a few peeps on here would rather not be here.
There are plenty of us. We just don't post here nearly as much.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

December 1999, Dublin - JFK
Old May 8th 2012, 11:34 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy here. Sure, I miss some things (and people) from the UK but, for the most part, the USA has been good to me.

Moving here has given me some career opportunities that i dont think i would have got had I stayed in the UK. My (awesome) wife is here... Life is good.

Still, it is sometimes nice to reflect on things missed and to poke fun at some of the differences. Like not being able to spell Aluminium correctly.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I am happy here. Sure, I miss some things (and people) from the UK but, for the most part, the USA has been good to me.

Moving here has given me some career opportunities that i dont think i would have got had I stayed in the UK. My (awesome) wife is here... Life is good.

Still, it is sometimes nice to reflect on things missed and to poke fun at some of the differences. Like not being able to spell Aluminium correctly.
Give them their due though, they can at least pronounce 'aluminum' correctly ...

That was a shite joke. I'll never get to the 'palladium' with that.
Old May 8th 2012, 3:30 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That was a shite joke. I'll never get to the 'palladium' with that.
How about Palladum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.