Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

When can the I129 be submitted : L1A Visa

When can the I129 be submitted : L1A Visa

Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

texasbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When can the I129 be submitted : L1A Visa

Hi All

We are getting close to the 1 year employment mark when I can apply for my L1A Visa. We have an attorney handling the application but I have a couple of questions that are not clear.

At what date can I129 form be submitted, reading the form seems to suggest 180 days before the 1 year mark but it is not 100% clear.

Then once it is submitted I think we can arrange our embassy interview to coincide with the 1 year employment mark.

Any insight people have would be great.

Texasbound
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When can the I129 be submitted : L1A Visa

They can submit the form when you are eligible and can fulfill all the criteria. So once you have past the one year of working for the company then they can submit the petition. You can't submit an incomplete application.
You arrange your interview when the petition has been approved.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When can the I129 be submitted : L1A Visa

Originally Posted by texasbound
At what date can I129 form be submitted, reading the form seems to suggest 180 days before the 1 year mark but it is not 100% clear.
If you are eligible for the L1 visa you can apply up to 6 months in advance of the commencing employment date. Alas you are not eligible so this does not apply to you.