Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What's the problem with premium processing?

Wikiposts

What's the problem with premium processing?

Old May 12th 2011, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the problem with premium processing?

Originally Posted by GeoffM
It's a question that'll probably never get answered with any authority, so all you can do is go on your gut instinct. As somebody once said here, "if you're destined to be approved, you'll be approved regardless" (something along those lines).
yeah think that was me (typcial thing i would say!)
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

skate_08 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had actually heard the opposite about premium processing - that it shows you're serious so you're more likely to get it. My first application went in by regular and was denied (after my lawyers saying there would be plenty of time, it took 6 months and my deal memos expired while it was sitting in the pile). Then my friend put his almost identical one in via premium and got approved. My current application was therefore supposed to go premium but my LLC screwed it up and it got put in regular again, and I was so worried that I would get denied over not being serious enough! Just got the RFE last week, 4 months (and one deal memo date passed) after it went in. Longest process EVER!
Does anyone have any updates on this? How long anything took, or whether you were approved/not approved either way? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

My peition (H1b) was sent in early April with Premium Processing. We had an RFE within 7 days. This was mainly for additional information on why/how I would work from home. We put all the requested info together and returned it. I had approval within 7 days.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

karem_lore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No... you pay $1225 to get an approval within 15 days. After that, you take your chances! If you can easily afford the $$ go for it, if not... don't.

Ian
That's not my experience. On Day 14 I got an RFE on my premium processing. After supplying the information requested (again) on the RFE, they then have 15 days to process that (at least that is what my lawyer told me and we go an acceptance within that 15 days after the RFE). Mine totally took about 5 months, but that's cause my companies lawyers spent most of that time getting the information together.