Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What's the matter with this effing country?? / Tribulations of the spouses

What's the matter with this effing country?? / Tribulations of the spouses

Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:48 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all
Default Re: What's the matter with this effing country?? / Tribulations of the spouses

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Interesting version.
Yeah it's really cool. I wonder what David is upto now?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the matter with this effing country?? / Tribulations of the spouses

Originally Posted by JRG67
Yeah it's really cool. I wonder what David is upto now?
He was showcasing some stuff with St Vincent on the Stephen Colbert show.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:28 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

He was showcasing some stuff with St Vincent on the Stephen Colbert show.
Who's St Vincent?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Who's St Vincent?
Her name is something to do with Dylan Thomas - she didn't make a great impression on me but he's still good.

Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:06 pm
Banned

Her name is something to do with Dylan Thomas - she didn't make a great impression on me but he's still good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YHDpKA6Yl2g
Interesting to know. Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

Well, I have to admit I have had a chuckle reading this thread. I should say that I can now laugh about it but was pretty peeved off at the time. Having now realised how high the back gate is (nearly 6ft) and coming to the conclusion that getting one leg over, spending five minutes getting the next one over then, balancing on top of the gate before promptly falling off the darn thing, I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I understand about people not answering the door because I never do. But I do go up to the peep hole to look out and see who is there and obviously if it is a neighbour I know then I open the door. All my immediate neighbours know us and we have had conversations with many of them so it was not as though they did not recognise me. I was annoyed at when finding a neighbour to talk to that they said 'get a locksmith', especially since I had just explained that I had my key to the door but I had these flip locks across the top and bottom of the door which I needed to try force free. Then being told 'have a nice evening'!!! Are you kidding me - I was feeling rather violent at that point - Thank god the I had left the back door unbolted otherwise I was going to kick it in

Anyway, thanks for all your support guys, much appreciated. Hopefully things will only get better - we shall see.

Oh and Louise, thank you for your PM to Mr HTS. It was extremely kind of you and I shall reply to you via PM very shortly.

Mrs HTS
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishbees
Well, I have to admit I have had a chuckle reading this thread. I should say that I can now laugh about it but was pretty peeved off at the time. Having now realised how high the back gate is (nearly 6ft) and coming to the conclusion that getting one leg over, spending five minutes getting the next one over then, balancing on top of the gate before promptly falling off the darn thing, I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I understand about people not answering the door because I never do. But I do go up to the peep hole to look out and see who is there and obviously if it is a neighbour I know then I open the door. All my immediate neighbours know us and we have had conversations with many of them so it was not as though they did not recognise me. I was annoyed at when finding a neighbour to talk to that they said 'get a locksmith', especially since I had just explained that I had my key to the door but I had these flip locks across the top and bottom of the door which I needed to try force free. Then being told 'have a nice evening'!!! Are you kidding me - I was feeling rather violent at that point - Thank god the I had left the back door unbolted otherwise I was going to kick it in

Anyway, thanks for all your support guys, much appreciated. Hopefully things will only get better - we shall see.

Oh and Louise, thank you for your PM to Mr HTS. It was extremely kind of you and I shall reply to you via PM very shortly.

Mrs HTS
I see - wait until I am 16 timezones away and then you try to get your leg over!!??? And pain was involved as well?

After 15 years of marriage I had no idea you were in to S&M - I thought it was only C&A!

(NB for non-UK people... 'C&A' is/was a chain of department stores, not a reference to 2 closely located parts of the human anatomy!!!)
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
I see - wait until I am 16 timezones away and then you try to get your leg over!!??? And pain was involved as well?

After 15 years of marriage I had no idea you were in to S&M - I thought it was only C&A!

(NB for non-UK people... 'C&A' is/was a chain of department stores, not a reference to 2 closely located parts of the human anatomy!!!)
LOL#

I was tempted to make a comment, but feared the Dark Force
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

Mouth is shut!!!! One should be working
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Britishbees
Mouth is shut!!!! One should be working
So are you, Harry and Louise arranging some kind of menage a trois?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

So are you, Harry and Louise arranging some kind of menage a trois?
Hang on - that all sounds a bit French - and therefore evil...
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:13 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever known it by the euphemism I'm afraid.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:32 am
Banned

Hang on - that all sounds a bit French - and therefore evil...
Les Liaison Dangereux

Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir

www.youtube.com/watch?v=irjbAudhIYc

Lady Marmalade.

This is a taste of the kind of clubs I will e runnung in a seceeded successful Texas
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Les Liaison Dangereux

Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir

www.youtube.com/watch?v=irjbAudhIYc

Lady Marmalade.

This is a taste of the kind of clubs I will e runnung in a seceeded successful Texas
Strangely Youtube tells me this content is not available in my country!!
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:41 am
Banned

Strangely Youtube tells me this content is not available in my country!!
Goddam FBI