WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? E2 VISA

Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:25 am
Just Joined

keys is an unknown quantity at this point
Question WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? E2 VISA

Hi Everyone,

There is a school of thought that says most visa application to the embassies, especially E2 visa applications and those requiring interviews, have already been decided upon before the day of interviews, based on the business plan and all other informations and documents submitted in making the application, and yet an interviews is still requested. The questions are now -

1) Is there any truth in this?

2) If that school of thought is right, why do they then still request for an interview?

3) Do applicants have any fighting chance during interviews that can change their minds or Is it possible to turn things around from a pre-determined NO to a possible YES during an interview? Even when the application in itself have been judged to have failed based on document submitted before the interview.

I think this deserves a healthy debate and l look forward to hearing as many thoughts as possible on this, as this will help many, including me.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? E2 VISA

Originally Posted by keys
Yes... maybe!

2) If that school of thought is right, why do they then still request for an interview?
You answered your own question in the first part of #3.

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

There is a school of thought that says most visa application to the embassies, especially E2 visa applications and those requiring interviews, have already been decided upon before the day of interviews, based on the business plan and all other informations and documents submitted in making the application, and yet an interviews is still requested. The questions are now -

3) Do applicants have any fighting chance during interviews that can change their minds or Is it possible to turn things around from a pre-determined NO to a possible YES during an interview? Even when the application in itself have been judged to have failed based on document submitted before the interview.

I think this deserves a healthy debate and l look forward to hearing as many thoughts as possible on this, as this will help many, including me.
1.. Hopefully they should have gone thru your application very carefully before you arrive and reached a decision

2. More than a few have been told they impressed the consulate and got the visa
Old Oct 11th 2011, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could see that an E2 may well raise questions that if satisfactorily answered would have a positive effect on the call.

B2's on the other hand are most likely a given before you get there.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Its been some years since I last observed an E-2 interview. It was a change from L-1 to E-2. The questioning was mostly about the business, how it was doing, and where the money came from
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point

For my student visa (second time) the visa officer picked up the denial stamp as she asked me a question. I asked her whether that was a denial stamp and she yes but she would still like to hear my answer

Hi Everyone,