Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

what if the US citizen's income is very low?

Wikiposts

what if the US citizen's income is very low?

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 12:20 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: what if the US citizen's income is very low?

Geothermal wrote:
    >
    > Does it bother anyone else but me that child support is being used to support
    > people besides those two children? Isn't that what child support is?? To
    > financially support the CHILDREN? Bringing another person into a household which
    > depends 100% on money intended to provide only for the two children to begin with
    > just doesn't seem responsible (or right) to me.

Wait a minute... I think you are making assumptions you don't have facts to back up.
Personally, if the children are very young and the women has enough money to stay at
home, and wants to, then I see no problem with that. If the women were to work, she
might not make enough to cover decent child support, or the children wouldn't have as
much contact with either parent. Additionally, there is no indication the immigrant
isn't going to assist in supporting the family when he arrives. After all, she did
say he was a business owner. Trust me, if he is really a practicing muslim, he
believes in supporting the family.

>
    > Isn't there a way to obtain other income, such as from a part-time job? Or, if
    > there is a reason behind an inability to work, public benefits from social
    > security, unemployment, etc.? I think this would be extremely important to do even
    > if there wasn't an alien spouse to support.

I think it is none of your business.

The only people who should be benefiting from the child
    > support are the children for whom those checks are received.

Are you suggesting that having a mother taking care of them at home is NOT a benefit?
I think you are assuming too much.