Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What happens with official documentation while we're not here?

What happens with official documentation while we're not here?

Old May 28th 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

msbds is on a distinguished road
Default What happens with official documentation while we're not here?

Well, it looks like we're about to join the 'yo-yo' poms brigade. Having been here since beginning of March, we're returning to the UK in July/August, due to family commitments, for 2 or 3 years possibly. Can anyone advise what happens re driving licences, superannuation, medicare etc???? or point me in the right direction, please. Thank you.
Old May 30th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens with official documentation while we're not here?

Assume 'here' is Australia?

We came back to UK in 2010 (for family reasons) and will be returning to Aus in a few months.

Basically nothing happens to your stuff. My Aus Driving Licence is still in my purse, medicare card is filed away and super just has my UK address.

You just tell everyone your new address (except Vic Roads were not interested) and they communicate with you as necessary at your new address.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

msbds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happens with official documentation while we're not here?

Thanks Pomster, that's a simple one for my 'to do list' if it's just a letter informing them all of new address.