Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What Happens If Am Called For I-751 Interview?

Wikiposts

What Happens If Am Called For I-751 Interview?

Old Dec 6th 2004, 12:20 pm
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Happens If Am Called For I-751 Interview?

Hey all,
As you all know, am still waiting for an I-751 decision, and we are separated due to fault of USC.

Spouse is ready to attend interview if called.

Questions:

1.If am called, should I tell them we are separated?

2.Will documentation dwell on the status of the marriage at the time of the I-751 application or NOW?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Happens If Am Called For I-751 Interview?

Originally Posted by Johndoe
Hey all,
As you all know, am still waiting for an I-751 decision, and we are separated due to fault of USC.

Spouse is ready to attend interview if called.

Questions:

1.If am called, should I tell them we are separated?

2.Will documentation dwell on the status of the marriage at the time of the I-751 application or NOW?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Hi:

You are asking about the "viability" issues. That was killed back in the 1970's.

When you say "separated" what do you mean by that? Is there a formal "legal separation" judgment? Has either of you filed for dissolution of the marriage?

Rule of thumb -- never lie.

Go see a good immigration lawyer.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 1:58 pm
Banned

No legal separation order; but yes separated.

Spouse is willing to attend any possible interview with me;question is whether attending with her and tell all about the breakup will improve chances of being approved.

Or whether attend and conceal separation.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 2:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse is willing to attend any possible interview with me;question is whether attending with her and tell all about the breakup will improve chances of being approved.

It's never a good idea to lie to Immigration (or any other government department). You've got to much to lose (i.e. your future in the US) so the most straightforward approach is to tell the truth and answer questions honestly and concisely.

That's what I would do if I were you.

Just my 5 cents...
Old Dec 6th 2004, 2:36 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will hurt for your spouse to attend the interview..
As other have stated before.. be truthful, honesty is the BEST policy, GOOD LUCK!!
Take care and let us know what happens!!
Old Dec 6th 2004, 2:45 pm
Banned

Thanks all for your pieces of advice.

Can someone advice what I can expect from the joint interview? Yes, spouse is ready to accompany me.