What happened to Green I-94?

Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:02 am
Just Joined

tintagel74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happened to Green I-94?

Hi everyone,

I've just got back from a trip to the US and noticed that you don't have to fill out a green I-94 form anymore (just the customs declaration) and therefore they don't staple the portion of it in your passport that you return when leaving the country.

Does anyone know why you don't need to fill this out anymore? How do they know that you left the country now?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happened to Green I-94?

Originally Posted by tintagel74
How do they know that you left the country now?
Airline records.

You still need the I-94W at a land border.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Yeah that makes sense. I guess all the information is covered by the ESTA these days. The only thing that seems strange to me is that the ESTA lasts for 2 years right, and covers multiple visits from what i understand? So when you fill it out initially with the address of where you are staying (say a hotel), then obviously if you make another trip to the US in the 2 year period there is a high probability that you won't be staying at the same place and hence the information provided on the ESTA now incorrect.

Not a big deal i guess just seems a bit strange to me.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:38 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah that makes sense. I guess all the information is covered by the ESTA these days. The only thing that seems strange to me is that the ESTA lasts for 2 years right, and covers multiple visits from what i understand? So when you fill it out initially with the address of where you are staying (say a hotel), then obviously if you make another trip to the US in the 2 year period there is a high probability that you won't be staying at the same place and hence the information provided on the ESTA now incorrect.

Not a big deal i guess just seems a bit strange to me.
I suggest printing a copy of the ESTA confirmation with the authorization # on it, if you haven't done so. Going back to the website, you can put in the authorization # and update certain info on there (eg. FLight # and destination address). It's probably not absolutely necessary but I had always done that in the past.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

babybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to all

when u book another ticket to fly into the usa the airline has to ask you for your esta number and an address you will be at in the usa

i am not 100% sure but i think that from their records the esata info is updated
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babybyrd
when u book another ticket to fly into the usa the airline has to ask you for your esta number and an address you will be at in the usa

i am not 100% sure but i think that from their records the esata info is updated
Sure, yes, i forgot about Advanced Passenger Information (API) that the airlines take. It certainly seems the process of getting into the US is getting more efficient and that information is becoming more centralised. Another thing i noticed was that I only had one set of fingers scanned (instead of the usual both hands and both thumbs) and i don't remember having my picture taken this time although i could be wrong about this.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, yes, i forgot about Advanced Passenger Information (API) that the airlines take. It certainly seems the process of getting into the US is getting more efficient and that information is becoming more centralised. Another thing i noticed was that I only had one set of fingers scanned (instead of the usual both hands and both thumbs) and i don't remember having my picture taken this time although i could be wrong about this.
Philadelphia POE scanned all ten digits and took my picture earlier this week and I'm a PR.