Wikiposts

What to expect at POE with AP

Old Jan 8th 2003, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default What to expect at POE with AP

My wife is returning from Christmas at home with a November-issused Advanced Parole. We are in the middle of AOS from J1 to Permanent Resident. All paperwork, etc. is 100% in order.

Just want to know what she can expect at Dulles Airport? I hear that sometimes AP people are asked into another room and interviewed. Just want to be prepared. Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2003, 2:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to expect at POE with AP

Originally posted by DCMark
My wife is returning from Christmas at home with a November-issused Advanced Parole. We are in the middle of AOS from J1 to Permanent Resident. All paperwork, etc. is 100% in order.

Just want to know what she can expect at Dulles Airport? I hear that sometimes AP people are asked into another room and interviewed. Just want to be prepared. Thanks

She will definitely go into another room. Called secondary inspection. She will give the agent her passport and A/P upon arrival and will be taken to secondary inspection. There they will process her A/P for the first time. They will retain one sheet of the A/P and will input the information into the computer. On her A/P and most likely in her passport as well, they will place several I-94's marked with "indef." the date, etc. Any questions they ask her will be probably where she went, how long was she gone, etc. The same type of questions that any returning US citizen and/or resident is asked.

Rete
Old Jan 8th 2003, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Thank you Rete.
Old Jan 8th 2003, 4:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

When my ex-wife used her AP they marked her I-94 as good for 1 year. I posted here about it at the time, wondering what might happen if she hadn't had her AOS interview within the year, but I never got any responses.

As it turned out, she did have her AOS interview and was granted CPR status before the I-94 expired. So I still don't know what problems could potentially have developed.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
... On her A/P and most likely in her passport as well, they will place several I-94's marked with "indef." the date, etc. ...

Rete
Old Jan 8th 2003, 4:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

When my ex-wife used her AP they marked her I-94 as good for 1 year. I posted here about it at the time, wondering what might happen if she hadn't had her AOS interview within the year, but I never got any responses.

As it turned out, she did have her AOS interview and was granted CPR status before the I-94 expired. So I still don't know what problems could potentially have developed.

Regards, JEff
JEff

Doubt it would have made any difference what so ever. Jim's I-94 was marked "indef" paroled into the US. Let's face it, the A/P is used to ensure that your AOS is not considered. Your status relies on the AOS pending and not on the I-94 issued with the A/P. At least that is my take on it.

Rete
Old Jan 8th 2003, 8:19 am
Just Joined

thebigeasy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete, on the AP issue...

My wife will be going home in March to pack her stuff and wrap things up at her home base. Which means that on her return into USA, with the AP for the first time, she'll be bringing her personal stuff in as well. Is that ok? Or should she have to wait and have them shipped in instead?

Our I130/AOS/AP/EAD in progress is based on 'Marriage to USC i.e. me'.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Rete
JEff

Doubt it would have made any difference what so ever. Jim's I-94 was marked "indef" paroled into the US. Let's face it, the A/P is used to ensure that your AOS is not considered. Your status relies on the AOS pending and not on the I-94 issued with the A/P. At least that is my take on it.

Rete
Old Jan 8th 2003, 11:14 am
Concierge

Originally posted by thebigeasy
Rete, on the AP issue...

My wife will be going home in March to pack her stuff and wrap things up at her home base. Which means that on her return into USA, with the AP for the first time, she'll be bringing her personal stuff in as well. Is that ok? Or should she have to wait and have them shipped in instead?

Our I130/AOS/AP/EAD in progress is based on 'Marriage to USC i.e. me'.

Thanks.
As long as the airline allows her to bring it, there is no reason why she can't. At the POE she has to explain they are personal items and that she is in the process of migrating. In that way she will not have to pay duty on the items. She should list everything that she is bringing so it can be handed to the custom's agent if required.

Rete