What does this mean?

Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice
Default What does this mean?

Hi

I received this email tonight………

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 20, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

…………………………………………� �………………………………............. ...........................

Does this mean they’re going to process my application without an interview?

I thought it was funny that I received a notice about biometrics from California the other day, when my case was being processed here in New York!

Thanks for any help

Regards
Angelus71
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does this mean?

Hi Angelus,

It seems to be one of many applications that are now being moved to the CSC from other service centers. Do a quick search and you'll see it's been happening pretty often lately! Don't know if it means w/o an interview or not, but hopefully it means they'll speed up working on your case!

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife's case is also being handled in NYC and she received the same email as you today. Still waiting to see what it means...
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jgbreton
My wife's case is also being handled in NYC and she received the same email as you today. Still waiting to see what it means...
Hi jgbreton,

Did your wife receive a Biometrics appointment letter in the mail from California? Was it before receiving this email? Just wondering, cause that's what happened to us(Angelus71 and I). We thought that it was pretty strange since he has a biometrics appointment for his renewal EAD on October 1, 2005.
Seems strange that they are being sent to California. Isn't California one of the busiest service centers? I would think they would have sent it to the Vermont service center instead.
Just as confused as ever!

Thanks Noorah101, did a quick search this morning and saw Steffis' post.

Take Care
AdiaStar
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

No, she hasn't received any biometrics notice, just the email. We're taking a wait and see approach with all of this.

She received her renewal EAD and AP back in May (she e-filed in March).
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

I found the following information on the CSC update section of Immigration.com:
http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/csc9905.html

CSC takes care of some "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases

The center now takes care of a few "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases. As of now these include cases coming from NBC only. As no transfer notice will be sent these cases are not electronically transferred. CSC will work only on the I-130 and I-485s and not the I-765 or I-131 applications.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jgbreton
I found the following information on the CSC update section of Immigration.com:
http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/csc9905.html

CSC takes care of some "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases

The center now takes care of a few "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases. As of now these include cases coming from NBC only. As no transfer notice will be sent these cases are not electronically transferred. CSC will work only on the I-130 and I-485s and not the I-765 or I-131 applications.

Thanks for that info jgbreton. I posted this in another thread that Steffi started, cause for some reason It won't let me start a new thread.

Angelus71 just received a NOA in the mail today, regarding his NYC AOS case being transferred to Cali.

It says:
"This is to inform you that in order to speed processing we have transeferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:
California Service Center, 2nd Flr, 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111
Telephone: (800) 375-5283

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

To me it sounds like no AOS interview. But with CIS, who can tell. What do you guys and gals think?

Take Care!
AdiaStar
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdiaStar
Thanks for that info jgbreton. I posted this in another thread that Steffi started, cause for some reason It won't let me start a new thread.

Angelus71 just received a NOA in the mail today, regarding his NYC AOS case being transferred to Cali.

It says:
"This is to inform you that in order to speed processing we have transeferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:
California Service Center, 2nd Flr, 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111
Telephone: (800) 375-5283

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

To me it sounds like no AOS interview. But with CIS, who can tell. What do you guys and gals think?

Take Care!
AdiaStar
My wife received the same NOA today. Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see what it means. It looks to me like they may be waiving the interview, but who knows at this point?