What does endorsed Ds-2019 means!

Old Sep 4th 2019, 5:02 am
MFJ
Just Joined

MFJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does endorsed Ds-2019 means!

I Applied to Uscis to renew my EAD some time ago and received a letter asking for more documents:

Quote:
Please submit an endorsed copy of your J-2 (Dependent) Form DS-2019. These forms must be properly endorsed.

I'm pretty sure I didn't submit my (the J-2) DS-2019 at all since the instructions only mention the DS-2019 of the J-1. I guess they just want a copy of my DS-2019 but I'm confused about the phrases "endorsed copy" and "properly endorsed".

I tried to google and found some pages that refer to the travel endorsement (which my DS-2019 has). Some pages refer to an endorsed copy being a verified copy.

Does anyone know what they mean? Do I just have to submit a copy of my DS-2019 or do I need some thing else
Old Sep 4th 2019, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does endorsed Ds-2019 means!

I would think that you need to get a Notary to place their seal and signature on the form to show it's genuine.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

When they wanted a copy of my "endorsed" L1 paperwork, they were essentially asking for the original with the embassy stamp clearly visible. Unsure if this is applicable in this situation, but it sounds similar.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 7:20 pm
MFJ
Just Joined

MFJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheKingOfHearts View Post
When they wanted a copy of my "endorsed" L1 paperwork, they were essentially asking for the original with the embassy stamp clearly visible. Unsure if this is applicable in this situation, but it sounds similar.

so i called uscis and they dont explain these terms they use in their letters. They have asked me to contact immigration attorney to clarify “endorse”.

How did you come to know that you need to send original L1 paper work. I mean you sought help from an attorney or Uscis?
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MFJ View Post

so i called uscis and they dont explain these terms they use in their letters. They have asked me to contact immigration attorney to clarify “endorse”.

How did you come to know that you need to send original L1 paper work. I mean you sought help from an attorney or Uscis?
My immigration attorney advised me that I needed the "endorsed" paperwork from the embassy when entering and exiting the US (on all occasions, although this wasn't actually needed 95% of the time). They described that as the original, stamped versions of the paperwork. Again, this may or may not be relevant in your case.