What are the chances

Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:02 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default What are the chances

Today at work, I met a lady from Ipswich that went to the same high school as me back in England. Couldn't believe it ! How closer to home can you get !

Last edited by YoungSteve17; Jul 15th 2010 at 1:04 am.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:06 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the chances

a few years back I was swimming here at a local pool and there was a lady there who had lived over here for 25 years, and originally had lived in the same "very" small village in Somerset that we had lived in... it is certainly a small world!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

A while back when I was selling shoes I was talking to a lady about a Clarkes shoe shop back in England. Turned out it was the one where I used to get my shoes from as a kid. There are at least 2 members on this board who grew up in the same town as me and at least one who went to the same school, much older than I am of course! I should also add that at least one of them lives in the same city I do now as well.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
a few years back I was swimming here at a local pool and there was a lady there who had lived over here for 25 years, and originally had lived in the same "very" small village in Somerset that we had lived in... it is certainly a small world!!!
About 5 years ago I overheard a UK accent in a store...not any UK accent but a Yorkie accent.

Turned out she was the same age as me and travelled several miles a day to go to my local high school. I went to a Sheffield Grammar School so our paths never crossed until we met in a NJ store.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:17 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Australia I was on a drunken binge one night in Surfers Paradise...there I was bopping on the floor in Melba's and bugger me (well not literally) my old buddy I had not seen for 20 years plus was as sloshed as me at the bar, surprising we recognized each other .....I at the time was living in Currumbin and she was just up the road in Burleigh Heads, thats about a 15mins drive max.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:20 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few people on this board from my home town. It is a small world.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:32 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
bugger me (well not literally)
Aww

Unbelievable stories ! Moments where your just like .. How can this happen ?

Last edited by YoungSteve17; Jul 15th 2010 at 2:36 am.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I met someone here who was born in the same street as I was in Chelmsford. Her Mum was staying and we had a good time reminiscing about the local rector etc. However the daughter wasn't too happy and said, "Yes Mum, but we soon moved from there."
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

A year ago my daughter was doing cheer practice outside her coach's house. She heard a lady that was walking her dog with an English accent (her, not the dog ). She went up to her and asked if she was English and they got chatting. Turns out that they had been living here for about a year and were having a tough time meeting people. When I picked my daughter up she told me about the lady, and she had taken her phone number. I had been having not such a great day, so asked my daughter which house she lived in. I decided to go and knock on the door - turns out she was from the exact area I was from - she turned out to be a crazy biatch and we have been friends ever since
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:23 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What are the chances

On our first expat posting in Singapore, we had a Kiwi neighbour at one of the condominiums we lived in.

We left Singapore in mid-2000 when my husband was posted to the New York City office. One day a couple of years later, my daughter and myself decided to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which was crowded due to the Summer holidays).

I bumped into our former Kiwi neighbour (whom by now was living in Australia) and was on a short visit to NYC, in the queue for the toilets!

(Another time a few years previously - during the Christmas holidays - we flew from Singapore for a holiday touring California. We spent a day at Universal Studios in LA, and were going up the escalators. Coming down the escalators was a classmate of my son and his family, who'd also decided to go to the US for the Xmas hols!)
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

I was introduced to a Scotsman who was on business in Houston but lived in Sau Paolo, Brazil. While visiting London a couple of years later I walked into a pub in Kensington and there he was!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently joined a new gym in my area and got talking to the manager - he has been here 20 years, but came from a town 5 miles from me in the UK! As they say its a very small world!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 12:11 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I work with a doctor from India who used to frequent the same pub as me in East London, and we met in Connecticut! Not only that, but he lived in Wales for a time and has a friend who lives 10 minutes from my sister. Last time I was there I dropped off a pressy for her that he asked me to bring.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:33 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone who comes from the same town as me, her husband went to the same school as me but is older than me.

We are also both friends with the same person on facebook, she went to school with her and I worked with her. I think it must be strange for the facebook friend to think she knows 2 people who moved to LA and they know each other.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:46 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sambapink
She heard a lady that was walking her dog with an English accent (her, not the dog ).
How do you know, not the dog? Many cats have told me that I say miaow with an English accent...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.