Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What address to put? (I-864/A, DS-230 Part II)

Wikiposts

What address to put? (I-864/A, DS-230 Part II)

Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Question What address to put? (I-864/A, DS-230 Part II)

So, my IR-1 / I-130 interview is next week, and I have a couple of questions about the paperwork, specifically what address to use - our current UK address or our initial (actually my M-i-L's) address in the US?

We'll be filing an I-864 for my US citizen wife, and an I-864A for myself as my US-based company is allowing me to transfer to the US which means my employment income can be counted for the AOS (yes, we've double-checked this with an immigration lawyer in the US and with the Embassy via a recent web-chat).

Specifically this is for
* I-864 - questions 3 (Information on the principal immigrant- Mailing address) and 12 (Information on the Sponsor - Mailing address)
* I-864A - question 2 (Information on the Household Member- Mailing address)
* DS-230 Part II - question 39 (Name and Address of Petitioner)

Also for my I-864A, when I transfer from London to New York, I will be getting a different salary than the US$ equiv of my UK salary. On my I-864A, where it asks for my income, should I give my new US$ salary or my current UK£ salary translated to US$? Both are well above the 125% of the poverty line requirement.

I expect I'll end up taking copies made out for each possible permutation and let the Consular Officer decide which one he/she wants, but if anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful!

Last edited by rpjs; Oct 11th 2010 at 1:15 am. Reason: clarity
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What address to put? (I-864/A, DS-230 Part II)

Use the address that you used on the original I-130's.

You will have the oppportunity to change that address at the POE when you enter the US. Then you will give your mother-in-law's address as that is where your greencard will be mailed.

As for salary, you should put down the UK salary. At the time of your interview bring a letter from your company stating your continued employment in the US at their US subsiary. The letter should state your start date, position within the company and salary.

One needs to remember that the forms must be truthful at the time of completion. You are not living with your mother-in-law at the moment, nor are you earning your salary in US dollars.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 11th 2010 at 1:57 am.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete, "One needs to remember that the forms must be truthful at the time of completion" is a good mantra to remember!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
We'll be filing an I-864 for my US citizen wife, and an I-864A for myself as my US-based company is allowing me to transfer to the US which means my employment income can be counted for the AOS (yes, we've double-checked this with an immigration lawyer in the US and with the Embassy via a recent web-chat).
This may answer several of your questions (no guarantee it won't generate new ones! )

Consolidation of Policy Regarding USCIS Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (aka The Final Rule)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...pAFM062706.pdf

In some situations, the sponsor’s spouse qualifies as a household member and is also the intending immigrant being sponsored. Since a sponsored immigrant cannot agree to support himself or herself, he or she should not complete a Form I-864A.