Wikiposts

What about inkjet "copies"?

Old Aug 12th 2002, 2:29 am
Bob Autrey

Default What about inkjet "copies"?

I've been making all my "copies" using my computer scanner, and a high resolution
inkjet printer. Any problem here? Anyone?

Thanks, Bob

Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: What about inkjet "copies"?

Hi,
I filed in London.
I did the same thing, scanned in and printed copies of most
of my documents; passport etc.
I had to go to a copy shop for the long birth certificate as
it was to long !! for my scanner.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob Autrey:
I've been making all my "copies" using my computer scanner, and a high resolution
inkjet printer. Any problem here? Anyone?

Thanks, Bob
[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:15 am
Aangiela

With the exception of the photos we submitted, we made all of our copies with
Mickey's scanner and printer and had no problems.

Good luck,

Angie

Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:41 am
Bob Autrey

in article [email protected], AAngiela at [email protected]
wrote on 8/12/02 10:15 AM:

> With the exception of the photos we submitted, we made all of our copies with
    > Mickey's scanner and printer and had no problems.

Are you referring to the photos for the G-325A, or the "relationship" photos?

Thanks, Bob

Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:42 am
Jonathan_atc

A copy is a copy is a copy. I used ALL computer generated copies when I filed
several years ago. No problem then, no problem now. Go for it!

--
Jonathan_ATC

"Bob Autrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B97D307B.66AB%[email protected]...
    > I've been making all my "copies" using my computer scanner, and a high resolution
    > inkjet printer. Any problem here? Anyone?
    > Thanks, Bob

Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:57 am
Bob Autrey

in article [email protected] , Jonathan_ATC at
[email protected] wrote on 8/12/02 10:42 AM:

> A copy is a copy is a copy. I used ALL computer generated copies when I filed
    > several years ago. No problem then, no problem now. Go for it!

I'm trying to "paste" all my scanned "copy" images into a Word document to help me
organize it all, and to provide a "footer" with my name, the date, and the words
"I-129F Original Submission". Doing this requires that I slightly reduce some of the
copies to get them to fit on the page inside the margins. Has anybody successfully
submitted copies that are other than 100%? In other words, say, 80% of original size?

Bob

Old Aug 12th 2002, 1:01 pm
Mark A. Fuller

I submitted scanned and color printed copies of birth certificates, passports, etc.
Because they were so close to the original, I wrote "copy" in the margin. (I was
paranoid someone might think we were trying to pass off a copy as the original).

The only potential problem I can think of is that some color printers use an ink that
is water soluble. I had an HP Photosmart printer that produced prints that smeared at
the touch of a most finger (or the drop of some condensation from a glass).

Mark

"Bob Autrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B97D307B.66AB%[email protected]...
    > I've been making all my "copies" using my computer scanner, and a high resolution
    > inkjet printer. Any problem here? Anyone?
    > Thanks, Bob

Old Aug 12th 2002, 2:43 pm
Jonathan_atc

We did the footer thing too. We did it by making the header and footer in Word and
then printing it on all the evidence type things. We did NOT reduce the size if the
scans and I don't know if I would recommend it. Most all the pages were able to take
the header footer printing without obscuring any of the document copy.

--
Jonathan_ATC

"Bob Autrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B97D44FF.66CC%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected] ,
Jonathan_ATC
    > at [email protected] wrote on 8/12/02 10:42 AM:
    > > A copy is a copy is a copy. I used ALL computer generated copies when I filed
    > > several years ago. No problem then, no problem now. Go for it!
    > I'm trying to "paste" all my scanned "copy" images into a Word document to help me
    > organize it all, and to provide a "footer" with my name, the date, and the words
    > "I-129F Original Submission". Doing this requires that I slightly reduce some of
    > the copies to get them to fit on the page inside
the
    > margins. Has anybody successfully submitted copies that are other than
100%?
    > In other words, say, 80% of original size?
    > Bob

Old Aug 13th 2002, 9:34 pm
Alex Wilson

Hi, my 2 Cents.

In regards to the smudging ink, you probably have it on non-inkjet paper using the
correct composition of paper would be fine, alternatively you could print it on this
paper and then have it color photocopied on laser paper/toner.

I had an idea regarding reducing the size of the paper work you are submitting, im
assuming you are using the US standard size, which is like
11.5" x 8.5" (i think). Britain use a slightly larger (read longer) sheet called A4
which is 210x297mm (sorry dont have inch measurements) this will allow you to have
slightly larger margins/footers and might allow you to squeeze some more details
in without resizing anything...

hope it helps Alex