Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

We've arrived in the USA! POE Philadelphia

Wikiposts

We've arrived in the USA! POE Philadelphia

Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:31 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've arrived in the USA! POE Philadelphia

Originally Posted by Rete
Picture us sitting here with a rubber bite guard in our mouth to stop us from cutting our tongues in half

I prefer to picture you sitting there with a rubber truncheon...
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rather have a cyber whip
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Awhh congratulations, Ican't wait to post my own POE experience!!
Yes and just when do you plan on that being, Missy?!
Was just wondering about you the other day..
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes and just when do you plan on that being, Missy?!
Was just wondering about you the other day..
Yes she must be the last of class of 09!

Come on Mandy reduce that house!

Cyber whips, bite guards, truncheons, maybe an interactive webcam could be introduced
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
At 5.30 pm I decided to whip out my phone and let my fiance know that there was a chance we might miss our connection to Albany.
Congratulations on a safe arrival - and on getting away with using your cell phone. At all of the US airports I have been through CBP seem to take a very dim view of people using cell phones and there are usually signs all over the place forbidding their use ...
Old Mar 26th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by md95065
Congratulations on a safe arrival - and on getting away with using your cell phone. At all of the US airports I have been through CBP seem to take a very dim view of people using cell phones and there are usually signs all over the place forbidding their use ...
I know... I took a chance as there weren't any signs and no officers near me at the time. I was very discreet and quiet. I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing it.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by traceym
Yes she must be the last of class of 09!

Come on Mandy reduce that house!

Cyber whips, bite guards, truncheons, maybe an interactive webcam could be introduced
Yeah - come on Mandy! Once you get over here then Tracy and I can order our bite guards... "Call now and we'll send you an extra bite guard completely free (you pay P&P). But wait... there's more... call in the next 30 seconds and we'll give you 364 extra ones so you have a brand new super supple bite guard for each day..."
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

Congratulations on getting there in the end! You were heading to Albany??? thats where Im heading eventually!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

EddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really nice

Congrats JeepGirl, you finally made it!!!! What is it like so far? Are you enjoying the new life?

It's to lovely to read your experience and get a feel of what to expect. Sounded like the POE custom officers were a bit miserable. Valiant effort for staying positive and patient though. Dredding mine right now, coming soon on April 13th.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EddieIp
Congrats JeepGirl, you finally made it!!!! What is it like so far? Are you enjoying the new life?

It's to lovely to read your experience and get a feel of what to expect. Sounded like the POE custom officers were a bit miserable. Valiant effort for staying positive and patient though. Dredding mine right now, coming soon on April 13th.
Thank you. Definitely enjoying being here. As long as you're not coming into Phily I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Philly the POE various folks over the last few months have posted about having all sorts of problems with, harsh interrogations, denials etc etc...???

Well done Jeepgirl btw! You made it and good luck in your new life.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:43 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, JeepGirl. Your next task is to buy some guns. Lots of guns.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to all

Yes she must be the last of class of 09

not quite tracy, unfortunately due to a 'clerical error' I am still waiting 11 months later to hear those magic words

and I still don't know what BBE's are JG :-)

Last edited by Mint Julep; Mar 28th 2010 at 8:30 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mint Julep
not quite tracy, unfortunately due to a 'clerical error' I am still waiting 11 months later to hear those magic words

and I still don't know what BBE's are JG :-)
Ahhhhhhhhhh, sorry MJ, well for you and for Mandy's house sale.

BBE - Big Brown Envelope / MBE - Mysterious Brown Envelope.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Mint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to all

Ahhhhhhhhhh, sorry MJ, well for you and for Mandy's house sale.

BBE - Big Brown Envelope / MBE - Mysterious Brown Envelope.
Thanks Tracey, I thought it was something nasty that I'd overlooked !I'm just trying to stay on top of things and using the time I have at the moment to be a step ahead so I can get going asap with no nasty surprises BTW while I'm here, (and in danger of hijacking JGs thread), I wonder if anyone here has dealt with USCIS and could tell me how long it could take from decision to actual stamp in passport.

Oh and another BTW since this thread discussed the dreaded POEs does anyone know what Austin, Texas is like

Last edited by Mint Julep; Mar 29th 2010 at 2:18 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.