British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Welcome New Permanent Resident (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/welcome-new-permanent-resident-442830/)

kingfisher241049 Apr 17th 2007 2:21 am

Welcome New Permanent Resident

At last its happened!! I received an email this morning from USCIS, welcoming me to the USA as a new Permanent Resident. I should get my card within 60 days. They have mailed a notice out to me too to tell me that I have been accepted as a new LPR.

Thanks to everyone here for their support and help over the last year or so, its very much appreciated.

Carol and I will be going out to dinner later on to celebrate.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Good Luck to all those still waiting or going through the process!!

DollyLlama Apr 17th 2007 2:34 am

Re: Welcome New Permanent Resident

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049 (Post 4655349)
At last its happened!! I received an email this morning from USCIS, welcoming me to the USA as a new Permanent Resident. I should get my card within 60 days. They have mailed a notice out to me too to tell me that I have been accepted as a new LPR.

Thanks to everyone here for their support and help over the last year or so, its very much appreciated.

Carol and I will be going out to dinner later on to celebrate.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dbj1000 Apr 17th 2007 3:15 am

Congratulations mate!

It took months for it to really sink in for me that I was a Permanent Resident! :D

Rushman Apr 17th 2007 3:19 am

Oh God!!! Expect more mind numbingly mundane pictures of shopping malls, road intersections and local stores in the gallery people. :rolleyes:

Ray Apr 17th 2007 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4655664)
Oh God!!! Expect more mind numbingly mundane pictures of shopping malls, road intersections and local stores in the gallery people. :rolleyes:

But now taken by a GC holder....

Elvira Apr 17th 2007 4:52 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

(Remind me again - how long did you wait from the time your prints were taken?)

miss scouse atl Apr 17th 2007 4:55 am

Aaawww Congrats!. Enjoy your celebratory dinner.:thumbup:

I am still waiting for mine to be approved so hopefully I will be celebrating soon too!.

Rushman Apr 17th 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4655831)
But now taken by a GC holder....

Probably be a picture of the envelope it arrived in, the postman who delivered it, the van the postman used to get to his route, the coffeecup he was drinking out of when the postman delivered it, etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

TruBrit Apr 17th 2007 6:26 am

congrats to you both :)

Ray Apr 17th 2007 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4656312)
Probably be a picture of the envelope it arrived in, the postman who delivered it, the van the postman used to get to his route, the coffeecup he was drinking out of when the postman delivered it, etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

This could be a thrill greater than the boxes....

Rushman Apr 17th 2007 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4657684)
This could be a thrill greater than the boxes....

No surely we couldn't be that lucky.

Jerseygirl Apr 17th 2007 12:53 pm

Congratulations Kingfisher...now you can plan that Canadian vacation! :thumbsup:

frrussre Apr 17th 2007 4:32 pm

Congrats,
Enjoy your celebration dinner.
Reg. Frank R.

kingfisher241049 Apr 18th 2007 2:14 am

Thanks guys for your messages and congrats. Yes Carol and I can plan our Canadian vacation, plus we got a free vacation to the Bahamas too. We went on a time share tour recently in Orlando, and although we have no intention of buying a time share, they gave us a vacation for taking the tour. Once the Green Card arrives, we are taking that much deserved vacation.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kingfisher241049 Apr 18th 2007 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4655664)

Yes, I am going through my photo collection right now. I look forward to pissing you off on a regular basis. :rofl: :rofl: