Are we ready to submit??

Old May 19th 2002, 11:20 pm
Dabear?

Default Are we ready to submit??

Here is what I have with my K1 Money order $110, Opening Letter, G-325A for
Petitioner & Beneficiary, I-129F form, ADIT Photos 2 of each, Proof of Citizenship &
Divorce, Proof of Meeting ( Pictures with footnote that originals available upon
request, phone bills, Ticket purchase record from Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc),
Letters of Intent from Both. Have I forgotten anything at all??

Old May 20th 2002, 12:20 am
Aangiela

Default Re: Are we ready to submit??

> ( Pictures with footnote that originals available upon request, phone bills, Ticket
    > purchase record from Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc),

I would suggest that you submit original picutes. I have heard of copies resulting in
RFE's. Also, a ticket purchase record doesn't prove that you have actually met. It
just proves that you purchased tickets. Submit copies of your boarding passes.

We submited copies of our boarding passes, a copy of our passport stamps, a certified
copy of my birth certificate, a one sentence statement each of our intent to marry,
one ADIT photo each, two photographs of the two of us, and the engagement ring
receipt which Mickey purchase with his credit card when he was here. We were approved
with no problems.

Angie

Old May 20th 2002, 12:20 am
Jeffrey Scharpf

Looks pretty good to me I had a table of contents, and I had each section tabbed..
don't know if you need that...

"Dabear©" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here is what I have with my K1 Money order $110, Opening Letter, G-325A for
    > Petitioner & Beneficiary, I-129F form, ADIT Photos 2 of each, Proof of Citizenship
    > & Divorce, Proof of Meeting ( Pictures with footnote that originals available upon
    > request, phone bills, Ticket purchase record from Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc),
    > Letters of Intent from Both. Have I forgotten anything at all??

Old May 20th 2002, 5:20 am
Rick

Dabear© <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Here is what I have with my K1 Money order $110, Opening Letter, G-325A for
    > Petitioner & Beneficiary, I-129F form, ADIT Photos 2 of each, Proof of Citizenship
    > & Divorce, Proof of Meeting ( Pictures with footnote that originals available upon
    > request, phone bills, Ticket purchase record from Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc),
    > Letters of Intent from Both. Have I forgotten anything at all??

You mention 'footnote' re copies of documents...have you included form FC-029
which is a declaration you sign which includes the correct wording re copies. When
you mention 'Proof of Citizenship and Divorce' I assume that refers to proof for
both of you?

Rick

Old May 20th 2002, 7:58 am
Just Joined

TaKa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!!!

I just have one hint for you: please make sure that the photos of the two of you have a date on. I mean: not a date when the photos were developped, but the date when the photos were made.
We had some trouble at the VSC when we had sent in photos from our engagement party which just had a "developpment date" printed on the back, but not the date where the photos had actually been taken. The VSC asked us for more information and more photos.
Good luck and many greetings

from TaKa
Old May 20th 2002, 8:20 pm
Dabear?

Yes form has been submitted as well

Rick wrote:

> Dabear© <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Here is what I have with my K1 Money order $110, Opening Letter, G-325A for
    > > Petitioner & Beneficiary, I-129F form, ADIT Photos 2 of each, Proof of
    > > Citizenship & Divorce, Proof of Meeting ( Pictures with footnote that
    > > originals available upon request, phone bills, Ticket purchase record from
    > > Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc), Letters of Intent from Both. Have I
    > > forgotten anything at all??
    >
    > You mention 'footnote' re copies of documents...have you included form FC-029
    > which is a declaration you sign which includes the correct wording re copies. When
    > you mention 'Proof of Citizenship and Divorce' I assume that refers to proof for
    > both of you?
    >
    > Rick

Dabear?

and what happens if the original pictures get lost in there paperwork???

AAngiela wrote:

> > ( Pictures with footnote that originals available upon request, phone bills,
    > > Ticket purchase record from Expedia.ca for Beneficiary, etc),
    >
    > I would suggest that you submit original picutes. I have heard of copies resulting
    > in RFE's. Also, a ticket purchase record doesn't prove that you have actually met.
    > It just proves that you purchased tickets. Submit copies of your boarding passes.
    >
    > We submited copies of our boarding passes, a copy of our passport stamps, a
    > certified copy of my birth certificate, a one sentence statement each of our intent
    > to marry, one ADIT photo each, two photographs of the two of us, and the engagement
    > ring receipt which Mickey purchase with his credit card when he was here. We were
    > approved with no problems.
    >
    > Angie

Andy Platt

"AAngiela" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I would suggest that you submit original picutes. I have heard of copies resulting
    > in RFE's. Also, a ticket purchase record doesn't prove that you
have

Except for polaroid film or slide film, the "original" is the negative from which you
can make any number of copies. However, I would always submit actual photos rather
than photocopies but they don't need to be the first copy you got. For my AOS
interview though I took along actual photos but gave them photocopies for the files.
The interviewer was fine with that and never wanted to see the "real" photos
themselves.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old May 20th 2002, 10:20 pm
Dabear?

I put under the bottom of each scanned picture that original is available
upon request

Andy Platt wrote:

> "AAngiela" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I would suggest that you submit original picutes. I have heard of copies
    > > resulting in RFE's. Also, a ticket purchase record doesn't prove that you
    > have
    >
    > Except for polaroid film or slide film, the "original" is the negative from which
    > you can make any number of copies. However, I would always submit actual photos
    > rather than photocopies but they don't need to be the first copy you got. For my
    > AOS interview though I took along actual photos but gave them photocopies for the
    > files. The interviewer was fine with that and never wanted to see the "real" photos
    > themselves.
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > --
    > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old May 22nd 2002, 2:20 pm
Dabear

well the day they were devolped and the day that they were made is the same thing is
it not??? TaKa <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi!!!
    >
    > I just have one hint for you: please make sure that the photos of the two of you
    > have a date on. I mean: not a date when the photos were developped, but the date
    > when the photos were made. We had some trouble at the VSC when we had sent in
    > photos from our engagement party which just had a "developpment date" printed on
    > the back, but not the date where the photos had actually been taken. The VSC asked
    > us for more information and more photos. Good luck and many greetings
    >
    > from TaKa
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 24th 2002, 3:20 am
Mrs_blackross

not if you're like me and carry around used film in your purse for weeks/months at a
time before remembering to get them developed!

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"dabear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > well the day they were devolped and the day that they were made is the same thing
    > is it not??? TaKa <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi!!!
    > >
    > > I just have one hint for you: please make sure that the photos of the two of you
    > > have a date on. I mean: not a date when the photos were developped, but the date
    > > when the photos were made. We had some trouble at the VSC when we had sent in
    > > photos from our engagement party which just had a "developpment date" printed on
    > > the back, but not the date where the photos had actually been taken. The VSC
    > > asked us for more information and more photos. Good luck and many greetings
    > >
    > > from TaKa
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >