We got the L1 visa

Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

buckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to all
Default We got the L1 visa

Hiya everyone

Just thought we would let you know that we got our L1 visa approved on Friday.
Couldnt believe to be honest how easy it ultimately was. We had a phone call with the US lawyer on the Thursday night to go through everything and we were a little apprehensive from the phonecall, however after we had dropped off our key fob at the chemists !!!!! on the day at the embassy it took 20 minutes from start to finish. It was nothing like we expected to be honest, but its all done now. Provisionally booked our flights for next Saturday (halloween) and aslong as the passports get back to us by then, we are off starting our new adventure...........with a little extra bonus now that we werent anticipating as i am now pregnant (thats another thread on the other board!!!).
We are all so excited now............just cant wait to receive those passports back - Broadlands VA, here we come.

speak soon
Tracie
Old Oct 25th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default Re: We got the L1 visa

Double congratulations
Old Oct 25th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by buckers
Hiya everyone

Just thought we would let you know that we got our L1 visa approved on Friday.
Couldnt believe to be honest how easy it ultimately was. We had a phone call with the US lawyer on the Thursday night to go through everything and we were a little apprehensive from the phonecall, however after we had dropped off our key fob at the chemists !!!!! on the day at the embassy it took 20 minutes from start to finish. It was nothing like we expected to be honest, but its all done now. Provisionally booked our flights for next Saturday (halloween) and aslong as the passports get back to us by then, we are off starting our new adventure...........with a little extra bonus now that we werent anticipating as i am now pregnant (thats another thread on the other board!!!).
We are all so excited now............just cant wait to receive those passports back - Broadlands VA, here we come.

speak soon
Tracie
Extremely good news!!!
Where are you flying from as we are off on Halloween too, as you know!
We've got there, can you believe it, after all these months of worry we only have 5 whole days left in the country.
Oh I've set myself off now...
Old Oct 25th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

buckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NYCbound
Extremely good news!!!
Where are you flying from as we are off on Halloween too, as you know!
We've got there, can you believe it, after all these months of worry we only have 5 whole days left in the country.
Oh I've set myself off now...
Hiya,
Flying from heathrow with virgin to dulles midday.........who are you flying with. Let me know, how bizarre will that be if we are at the airport at the same time.

Cant wait though. Let me know about your flights
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:03 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

One slight bit of warning about Halloween. It's actually a bit of a traffic event as many families are running their kids around from one neighborhood to another. In addition, when you get into your suburb and it is the trick or treat hour (from say 5-8 pm) you should drive VERY CAUTIOUSLY as kids are literally running all over the street. You'll be a bit freaked probably at all the pedestrian traffic.

You actually might want to bring a bag or two of candy (separately wrapped mini-candy bars or lollipops or something) as the minute you get into your new house you might get some trick or treaters ringing the doorbell.

Oh, one more thing--just sort of FYI--the US will NOT be switching off Summer time (Daylight Savings Time) until November 1st unlike the EU which is a week earlier, so calling home will be 4 hours apart for that one day.

p.s. when you get off the plane at Dulles you'll get in a 'shuttle' sort of thing directly from the plane (it's weird). Frequent flyers know that you want to sit toward the front of that shuttle so you can be first in line when you hit immigration.

Have a safe trip.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Hiya,
Flying from heathrow with virgin to dulles midday.........who are you flying with. Let me know, how bizarre will that be if we are at the airport at the same time.

Cant wait though. Let me know about your flights
Ahh,you are leaving as we arrive, getting the 4pm to Newark with Virgin though. Land around 8.30 apparently, so by the time we get through to the otherside and home Halloween should be over with. (I hope)
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NYCbound
Ahh,you are leaving as we arrive, getting the 4pm to Newark with Virgin though. Land around 8.30 apparently, so by the time we get through to the otherside and home Halloween should be over with. (I hope)
Yeah, we leave around 1130 am and get in at 2.30pm. By the time we get through the airport, and pick up the hire car and get to the hotel (get the house on the sunday, and the furniture on the Monday) it will be around 4 or 5 pm (especially if we had the same issues through passport control as we did in Aug - dont ask).

Keep in touch, my email account is still up. It would be good to hear how you are getting on etc.

Have a good flight if i dont speak to you before.

T
Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

Final update on this...........we got our passports back today (this morning) yay so thats us now..............3 days to flight so might just get repacked today and then take the children into London to do the final trips before we leave.

Sooooo excited now

See you all the other side.

Thanks again for all your advice so far, will be back on when we get there as i am sure i will have quite a few questions when we get there.

T
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Final update on this...........we got our passports back today (this morning) yay so thats us now..............3 days to flight so might just get repacked today and then take the children into London to do the final trips before we leave.

Sooooo excited now

Thanks again for all your advice so far, will be back on when we get there as i am sure i will have quite a few questions when we get there.

T
Fantastic - all set then!! Congratulations. Enjoy and have a safe flight. It'll be interesting to hear how you get on when you get there. Keep in touch.

Once again - Congratulations
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:31 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

a little extra bonus now that we werent anticipating as i am now pregnant
Mazel tov!

Presumably, the employing company will provide US health insurance. As I am sure you know by know, any child born on US territory to the two of your -- I will assume you're both UK citizens -- will automatically a US citizen, and would I believe be able to claim UK citizenship.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:45 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Sooooo excited now

T
Best of luck Buckers, hope it all gos well.

Remember not to post a here and loving it after 2 hours, and that BE is here for when the homesickness hits out of the blue.

Have fun on your new adventure