British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   WARNING! Fingerprints CAN expire between Nat Interview and Oath Ceremony! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/warning-fingerprints-can-expire-between-nat-interview-oath-ceremony-195214/)

wilburwhitman Dec 5th 2003 4:29 pm

WARNING! Fingerprints CAN expire between Nat Interview and Oath Ceremony!

:mad: I called the Detroit BCIS ofice today, to see if I could find out when the NEXT Citizenship Oath Ceremony was going to be (since we have to miss this one).

The woman told me that she didn't know, BUT she did know that my wife's fingerprints were going to expire:scared: 15 months after they were taken. After checking my wife's A#, she verified that the fingerprints expire January 1st, 2004.

Bruce: "But, she has already had her Interview".

Woman: "Doesn't matter, she has to take her OATH before the fingerprints expire".

Bruce: "Well, what happens then?"

Woman: "She will have to be re-fingerprinted, and the FBI will have to do ANOTHER full background check. Once THATcomes back okay, we will send her a letter rescheduling her for another Oath Ceremony".

Bruce: "And how long will that take?"

Woman: "Well, we never know for sure, but it will probably delay things about SIX MONTHS".

Bruce: (under Breath) :mad::mad::mad::mad: DELETED FOR DECENCY'S SAKE (aloud) "Thank You very much".

wilburwhitman Dec 5th 2003 4:36 pm

Re: WARNING! Fingerprints CAN expire between Nat Interview and Oath Ceremony!

By the way, after calling the airline to check (MUCH more expense to change a departure date), and considering our itinerary on the trip to Mexico, (son's baptism, arranged rides, etc.) we have decided that it is NOT practical to alter out travel plans to make it to this ceremony, even if faced with a minimum of a further 6 months delay, and another fingerprint appt. and check.

At least we only live 1/2 hour from the ASC that does the fingerprints in Detroit, so the decision didn't involve extra hours (or days) travel like some NG members.

My only hope is that next year (ELECTION year) they will be hurrying to create many new registered voters.

Bruce

Karen D Dec 5th 2003 4:51 pm

Originally posted by wilburwhitman
The woman told me that she didn't know, BUT she did know that my wife's fingerprints were going to expire:scared: 15 months after they were taken. After checking my wife's A#, she verified that the fingerprints expire January 1st, 2004.
What a bummer!

I didn't know that an individual's fingerprints changed that much... no wonder you are angry, after all that waiting too.

I wish you all the best.

PS: Fingerprints expire :eek: what a thought!!!

Rete Dec 5th 2003 4:55 pm

Originally posted by Karen D
What a bummer!

I didn't know that an individual's fingerprints changed that much... no wonder you are angry, after all that waiting too.

I wish you all the best.

PS: Fingerprints expire :eek: what a thought!!!

The prints don't change but the behavior of the prints' owner might.

Wilbur ... goes to show why they wanted to swear her in so quickly. Hey they tried to do the right thing.

Rete

Caro Dec 5th 2003 6:33 pm

Maybe you can change only your wife's ticket? That is only half the cost of changing 2 tickets... Just an idea!

Caroline

soulsender Dec 5th 2003 7:15 pm

The woman told me that she didn't know, BUT she did know that my wife's fingerprints were going to expire

yeah mine keep disappearing right off me fingertips!!

FlyergirlUK Dec 5th 2003 7:26 pm

Jeez!!! You mean that my fingertips have an expiry date?!!

Good grief! Whatever next??

:confused:

soulsender Dec 5th 2003 7:31 pm

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Jeez!!! You mean that my fingertips have an expiry date?!!

Good grief! Whatever next??

:confused:
he he! as a guitar player my fingertips get rubbed smooth a lot guess it doesn't bear any meaning to the actual "caught ya you bad guy" part of em.

meauxna Dec 5th 2003 8:00 pm

Originally posted by soulsender
he he! as a guitar player my fingertips get rubbed smooth a lot
heheh, reminds me of when we entered the US w/the immigrant visa. Fingerprint was required for the GC. Due to many manly activities, the DAH doesn't have the usual usable fingertips, so an alternate finger had to be used (guess which one!)

Rete Dec 5th 2003 10:35 pm

Originally posted by meauxna
heheh, reminds me of when we entered the US w/the immigrant visa. Fingerprint was required for the GC. Due to many manly activities, the DAH doesn't have the usual usable fingertips, so an alternate finger had to be used (guess which one!)

Ah the Wilson's favorite "You're #1 with me" finger. Jim uses that to push up his glasses when he wants to indicate to the other person their "position" in his life ;-)

Rete

Steffi Dec 5th 2003 10:54 pm

My only hope is that next year (ELECTION year) they will be hurrying to create many new registered voters.
Maybe they can double count some votes again that way, hahahahaha! :rolleyes: ....sorry, couldn't resist. :p

That really sucks though! Fingerprints expiring? Poop! :mad: