Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:14 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Not at all -- since you ask!

Are you going to provide your wisdom and guidance for the OP or just carry on with your pointless and stupid rant?

Who knows, if you impress she might even hire you?
I generally don’t offer case specific legal advice. I’m not this person’s attorney but most importantly I’ve not had the opportunity to ask the appropriate questions before rendering an opinion. But I think I’ve helped with the general information in that she 1) probably realizes you are a horses ass who has a chip on his shoulder about this outfit you automatically assumed was scamming her, and 2) that being a DV winner (if that happens for her loved one) might be a way around the sponsorship issue. She should look into that to confirm. Have a good night wee one.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:20 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
I generally don’t offer case specific legal advice. I’m not this person’s attorney but most importantly I’ve not had the opportunity to ask the appropriate questions before rendering an opinion. But I think I’ve helped with the general information in that she 1) probably realizes you are a horses ass who has a chip on his shoulder about this outfit you automatically assumed was scamming her, and 2) that being a DV winner (if that happens for her loved one) might be a way around the sponsorship issue. She should look into that to confirm. Have a good night wee one.
You generally don't offer much on this group, do you? Except for your silly and pointless rants interspersed with occasional self congratulations, of course. Would I get more if I flashed the readies in front of you? Not that I want it, mind you!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggie
He applied for a Green Card through usafis.org
A division of an Israeli marketing company
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:30 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
A division of an Israeli marketing company

It's totally kosher -- according to Matt baby!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:41 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It's totally kosher -- according to Matt baby!
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/07/usaimmigration.htm

John Romano and Hoda M. Nofal

there name was www.USAIS.org
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:46 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/07/usaimmigration.htm

John Romano and Hoda M. Nofal

there name was www.USAIS.org

Well I think Matt baby recommended them but I can't be sure because I can't be arsed to trawl through his ranting posts any more. Are you sure? He is an attorney and all that? Surely he wouldn't recommend them if they were in any way suspect?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:59 am
Ray

Well I think Matt baby recommended them but I can't be sure because I can't be arsed to trawl through his ranting posts any more. Are you sure? He is an attorney and all that? Surely he wouldn't recommend them if they were in any way suspect?
The one the OP used was www.usafis.org

not dissimilar
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:22 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
While I agree that someone can submit their own DV entry, what makes you think others who provide that service are scamming people? There are thousands of people each year who make mistakes on their entries, and perhaps some of these “scammers” catch these mistakes, contact the person before making the submission, make the correction and get in submitted correctly. Granted, its not hard work but if they provide a service I don’t see how that makes someone a scammer.

One thing I always do wonder about the lottery assistance sites though, is what they do for people who indicate they are currently in the U.S? If someone is an overstay, they can’t adjust from within the U.S. and would have to consular process abroad. And some of these people might find out they are subject to a 3 or 10 year ban once they depart the U.S. with the idea of consular processing.

If “I” were helping people enter, I’d be sure to contact each entrant who listed a U.S. address to check this out (and tell them not to bother entering and send them their money back if the facts suggest being selected won’t help them achieve their goal… basically doing a free consultation for them). I’d probably also put questions on my form to find out if the person has ever been to the U.S. (when they list a foreign address), what visa they used, when their authorized stay expired and when they departed. To keep the fee and enter them if I thought they were not eligible for AOS or a DV, in my book, would be the same thing as stealing from someone (and actually much worse than just stealing since I would know that person would be tempted to depart the U.S. for a quick trip abroad to process the DV only to find out they are banned from the U.S….. that’s the sort of shoddy work I’d expect from a prolific hobbyist :-). But if I analyzed their facts and determined they could adjust or get a DV if being selected with a high enough rank number and did the work properly for them, would that make me a scammer?

Maybe the site you refer to as a scam site covers their tail with their statement that all those who enter must be eligible to obtain permanent resident status under section 245. And I don’t suppose they really “could” contact those listing a U.S. address to check this out because if they did and rendered an opinion well…. lets you and I chant it together now…. That’s UPL!

It’s been a heck of a long time since I looked at the lottery rules and regulations so I’m likely wrong about this; but doesn’t the sponsorship requirement not apply to DV “winners” (to those selected with high enough rank numbers to actually be able to file for AOS or a DV)? The sponsorship aspect seems to be one of the OP’s stumbling blocks.

I seem to remember a recent post where the OP had a friend who had won the GC lottery was resident in the US and had overstayed. He went back to the UK to collect on his winnings and incurred an automatic ban!

You have to remark at the stupidity.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:23 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray

not dissimilar

Aha! So maybe this one is okay? No idea!

However, why anyone would need someone to put the initial app in is totally beyond me. If you are selected, you may well need professional help depending on your circumstances. But if you can't manage the initial app, you probably ain't cut out for a life away from home.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:23 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Boy... that sucks!

So... let me see if I have this correct. You are a single mother of two, a full-time student, with part-time employment, you rent, you have very little money, your kids need to be fed, everyone you know is retired or poor, the man you love lives in Belfast, he has limited finances, he has a... um... poor history vis-a-vis immigration... and your overriding concern is where and when should you marry?

Thanks for the entertainment!

Ian
No, thank you for the entertainment. (You see sometimes we're on the same page).
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:27 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray

not dissimilar
Hey, Ray! Just been for a look. This one you could get a free airline ticket if you won. Not to be scoffed at, me thinks! Maybe we've got a winner here!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:29 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I seem to remember a recent post where the OP had a friend who had won the GC lottery was resident in the US and had overstayed. He went back to the UK to collect on his winnings and incurred an automatic ban!

You have to remark at the stupidity.
The stupidity of acting before researching I presume you mean?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:45 am
Ray

Hey, Ray! Just been for a look. This one you could get a free airline ticket if you won. Not to be scoffed at, me thinks! Maybe we've got a winner here!
I like the warning ...
http://www.usafis.org/consumer_alert.asp
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:52 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray

Hey, it's only $49 to enter something that's free to enter anyway! But you could indeed win an air ticket! And a bunch of other useful stuff's thrown in, too.

If you enter now, there's a $15 discount. Seems fair enough to me! Or have I missed something? And there are a pile of great testimonials! Went to look at the official entry on the government site and they don't have any testimonials at all. Or any free air tickets! So which would you go for?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:56 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
I'm sorry but there are a couple of things I don't understand about your situation. You say he had the visitor visa before you met him so you don't know why he got it instead of using visa waiver. Does that mean you have only known him a few weeks? Also, you have talked about your dire financial situation and yet you are also talking about going to Belfast to get married. Where will you get the money for the plane ticket, etc.?

Something just sounds a little off--it is obvious that he is very anxious to get a green card and it sounds like this was his plan before you even met him. I guess I am a little cynical but I might be a little suspicious and want to know someone a little longer before marrying him.
I'm glad you brought this up, because I was thinking the same thing.

He comes over on a B2 visitor visa instead of just using the VWP (strange), quit his job before coming to the States as a visitor and has no home to go back to (strange), and unsuccessfully tried to extend his B2 visa. Not to mention applying for the DVL as well.

How was he supporting himself while in the States? How long did he intend to stay in the States as a visitor? With no income?? If he had enough capital to support himself for such a long period of time, then why is the affidavit such a problem?

I also find it interesting that although they seem absolutely confused about how marriage-based immigration works, he knew enough not to overstay his B2 visa and avoid a ban. I don't know about the rest of you, but Mark and I didn't know anything about bans before we dove into the world of US immigration.

Sorry, it just seems a bit fishy to me.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.