Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Old Jan 11th 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
I'm sorry but there are a couple of things I don't understand about your situation. You say he had the visitor visa before you met him so you don't know why he got it instead of using visa waiver. Does that mean you have only known him a few weeks? Also, you have talked about your dire financial situation and yet you are also talking about going to Belfast to get married. Where will you get the money for the plane ticket, etc.?

Something just sounds a little off--it is obvious that he is very anxious to get a green card and it sounds like this was his plan before you even met him. I guess I am a little cynical but I might be a little suspicious and want to know someone a little longer before marrying him.
Yep.......I have actually only known him for 2 days, fell in love, oh and decided to drag my kids along for the ride. This is it. I know after less than a week that I have found the man of my dreams. No I am sorry, we have known each other 2 weeks but his master plan was to marry a poor girl to get a green card. Brilliant, huh. After speaking to a few people last night and this morning I do however have some leads. I don't mind you being cynical, I am sure without the whole story (which I don't particually want to post) it may seem weird, as many other stories do.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggie
I don't mind you being cynical, I am sure without the whole story (which I don't particually want to post) it may seem weird, as many other stories do.
I've given you karma for this post! It seems that now you're getting into the swing of things. What you need to understand is that you're going to get only fragments of useful information if you only post fragments of the story. And, if you only post fragments of your story, then people are going to speculate about what the whole story is in order to fill in the gaps. It's the nature of the beast!

Ian
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've given you karma for this post! It seems that now you're getting into the swing of things. What you need to understand is that you're going to get only fragments of useful information if you only post fragments of the story. And, if you only post fragments of your story, then people are going to speculate about what the whole story is in order to fill in the gaps. It's the nature of the beast!

Ian
yep, I know, but I am not willing to lay my entire love life and personal life out for all to see and comment on, I still like to keep somethings private. I will lay out some things, knowing full well that I will get snide remarks, I am even willing to say some back, I will ask questions that some will find naive and even stupid, I really don't care as long as I can get some useful imformation, which is always appreciated.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The stupidity of acting before researching I presume you mean?
Using google as a tool to find immigration advice. Like I said a couple of days ago FLAT DUMB.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:22 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Using google as a tool to find immigration advice. Like I said a couple of days ago FLAT DUMB.

I don't know about that Tweeks. I found google to be extremely helpful. Thats how I found BE and loads of other helpful information on immigration attorneys' websites. Once you've read the same thing on a 100 different sites you can start to feel confident they've got it right.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:23 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Guys Guys.. leave her alone, geez! she is already having a hard time, Do you want me to spread my green cloud around??.. Ok I didn't think so!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I don't know about that Tweeks. I found google to be extremely helpful. Thats how I found BE and loads of other helpful information on immigration attorneys' websites. Once you've read the same thing on a 100 different sites you can start to feel confident they've got it right.

I guess I should have worded differently, I wouldn't google for cases involving: waivers, overstays, moral turpitude crimes, 10 foot pole and so on.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:29 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

yep, I know, but I am not willing to lay my entire love life and personal life out for all to see and comment on, I still like to keep somethings private. I will lay out some things, knowing full well that I will get snide remarks, I am even willing to say some back, I will ask questions that some will find naive and even stupid, I really don't care as long as I can get some useful imformation, which is always appreciated.
Oh just ignore it. Ian is a twat most of the time. It doesn't bother him, don't let it bother you?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Oh just ignore it. Ian is a twat most of the time. It doesn't bother him, don't let it bother you?
LOL CB,
To OP: Ian is a kind hearted person once you get to know him, a twat and sanctimonious prick at times but hey variety is fun
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

You know.......I sort of think life kicks people some times, I am not sure why some feel it is necessary to be unkind? I came on, asked advice, have gotten a lot of caring people giving me good advice and helpful links, your thread was just cold. Read a book if you need entertainment, but please don't kick someone while they are down.
This was actually advice. Probably the best in the string, but you discount it because it's not what you want to hear.

Here is step one in the process: get you life together.

Then worry about the rest.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:20 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's totally kosher -- according to Matt baby!
Nope, I don't know them and haven’t studied their site. But I also didn't jump to the conclusion that they ware a DV scam site like you did. I'm actually not surprised by your knee-jerk reaction, as you've expressed similar bias before on many occasions.

Have a good day wee one.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yep.......I have actually only known him for 2 days, fell in love, oh and decided to drag my kids along for the ride. This is it. I know after less than a week that I have found the man of my dreams. No I am sorry, we have known each other 2 weeks but his master plan was to marry a poor girl to get a green card. Brilliant, huh. After speaking to a few people last night and this morning I do however have some leads. I don't mind you being cynical, I am sure without the whole story (which I don't particually want to post) it may seem weird, as many other stories do.
2 days, now that's ridiculous, but 2 weeks - that's okay. Way to play hard to get...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carl
2 days, now that's ridiculous, but 2 weeks - that's okay. Way to play hard to get...
I would have hoped you could have seen the joke in both senarios.......My word, give me a bit of credit......the 2 weeks was also a joke.........That was my point.......
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carl
This was actually advice. Probably the best in the string, but you discount it because it's not what you want to hear.

Here is step one in the process: get you life together.

Then worry about the rest.
Thanks Carl, do you charge for your therapy sessions. I actually have gotten my life together. I am in school, have beautiful healthy children......and fell in love. I guess you are referring to the money issue?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Carl, do you charge for your therapy sessions. I actually have gotten my life together. I am in school, have beautiful healthy children......and fell in love. I guess you are referring to the money issue?
At least find a sugardaddy or something... Come on!

Like I said in my first post - move to Belfast. Make your man support you, like he should. If he really loves you, then this shouldn't be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.