Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Okay, so that should pull it down to $25k/yr or so that you need to find at this end. Job? Two jobs?

You must be living off something at the moment? What's your current "income"?
I work 3 days a week as a substitute teacher, the children get child support and I get financial aid for school.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggie
I work 3 days a week as a substitute teacher, the children get child support and I get financial aid for school.

So how far are you prepared to sacrifice for the marriage? Is it possible to work 4 days a week? Take another job? How far off the requirements are you?

Or, how long before you can work full time as a teacher since this would surely produce enough to meet the requirements.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about

So how far are you prepared to sacrifice for the marriage? Is it possible to work 4 days a week? Take another job? How far off the requirements are you?

Or, how long before you can work full time as a teacher since this would surely produce enough to meet the requirements.
I will sacrafice alot, but I also have children. I won't sacrafice them. I have about 1 1/2 years of school left. If I work more I will have to be in school less which would lengthen my time in school. I feel there must be a way.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I will sacrafice alot, but I also have children. I won't sacrafice them. I have about 1 1/2 years of school left. If I work more I will have to be in school less which would lengthen my time in school. I feel there must be a way.
Didn't you mention you had parents that have retirement income? What about them? They seem like the perfect joint sponsors, to me.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Didn't you mention you had parents that have retirement income? What about them? They seem like the perfect joint sponsors, to me.

Rene
They are not doing well right now.....I need to ask them about this. They are trying to sell things just to get by
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Rene

Rene -- When in the process does she actually need to put the money up? At the beginning, middle or end? Afraid I don't know!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Rene -- When in the process does she actually need to put the money up? At the beginning, middle or end? Afraid I don't know!
It would depend which visa they apply for. With the K-1, it's at the stage where he goes for his interview overseas. With the IV, it's sometime mid-way, I think...NVC asks for it at some point. With the K-3, I don't know for sure, but think it's also at the interview stage. She would probably have a good several months before the Affidavit of Support is needed, in any case.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:51 pm
Septicity

I feel there must be a way.
I'm sure there is. But you're going to have to find a way through the financial hurdle. The purely logical permutations as I see them are:

1/ Find a sponsor
2/ Increase your income
3/ Reduce your number of dependants
4/ If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, move to one of the 48 contiguous states
5/ Increase his capital
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure there is. But you're going to have to find a way through the financial hurdle. The purely logical permutations as I see them are:

1/ Find a sponsor
2/ Increase your income
3/ Reduce your number of dependants
4/ If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, move to one of the 48 contiguous states
5/ Increase his capital
I have to get my kids fed. I appreciate all of your advice and kindness very, very much. Thank you!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:00 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

It would depend which visa they apply for. With the K-1, it's at the stage where he goes for his interview overseas. With the IV, it's sometime mid-way, I think...NVC asks for it at some point. With the K-3, I don't know for sure, but think it's also at the interview stage. She would probably have a good several months before the Affidavit of Support is needed, in any case.

Rene
For the K3.. is the same as the K1, it is needed at the time of interview
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

No criminal record whatsoever.
No medical problems.
He did security in Belfast until he came over here, now he is looking again since he is there again.
Yes he has capital.
He does not own a house, he and his ex sold it.
He had a B-2 Visa because he was advised that that would be the easiest for him to get until he could get his green card, apparently he was advised wrong!!!!!!
He did security in Belfast? What did he do?

I ask because my husband was in the same line of work.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Diversity visa lottery scam site! Phew! That's probably okay. Presume he didn't win. Apart from wasting his money, probably not done too much harm.
I am new to all this, I will admit it freely, but I just spoke to someone who said that this is a ligitimate site? How should he have applied for his Green Card? or should I say how should he?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeninifer
He did security in Belfast? What did he do?

I ask because my husband was in the same line of work.
Security in retail
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Security in retail
Sweetheart, I'd just hang in there until your situation changes. If he needs to move in w/ a friend and work to save as much money as he can then so be it.

We've all lived without our mates for a long, long, time and we survived.

I know it's hard to get motivated, but the only thing you can do to get things done is to wake up one morning and decide that you're going to change your lifestyle to make this happen.

Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to have my parents act as the sponsor to the Affidavit of Support and I'm sorry you don't have that.

This is entirely possible, though, but it sounds like it's going to take some extra hard work and sacrifice to make it happen.

It'll be worth it!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:11 am
Septicity

I am new to all this, I will admit it freely, but I just spoke to someone who said that this is a ligitimate site? How should he have applied for his Green Card? or should I say how should he?
LOL. A legitimate site with some illegitimate people on it, may be!

He could certainly have applied for the Diversity Visa lottery assuming he was eligible -- it's a great way in! But the place to apply is here: http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/, not one of the many scam sites. There may be a new one later this year if Congress don't kill it. But it's hardly a plan if you want to live together.

All the marriage/fiance visas can lead to a green card eventually, and even citizenship. And really the most interesting thing for you given your less-than-happy financial state would be to ask how quickly each of the paths leads to work authorization, be it with or without the green card. But they all have different ways of doing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.