Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
He was told the best way to get a green card was to travel under a B2?? :scared:
No I believe he was told the best way to get over here to apply was on a B2, but again that was before we met.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggie
No criminal record whatsoever.
No medical problems.
He did security in Belfast until he came over here, now he is looking again since he is there again.
Yes he has capital.
He does not own a house, he and his ex sold it.
He had a B-2 Visa because he was advised that that would be the easiest for him to get until he could get his green card, apparently he was advised wrong!!!!!!

Okay -- so my summation is:

One blotch: entry record suggesting he would be more likely to be refused entry were he to visit again. Applying for extensions to a visitor's visa is usually the end of the road in my experience unless you were wired up to heart monitors and running up hospital bills at the time.

Everything else looks good except the financial aspect. Time for you to do your homework. Go to the link Noorah provided and tell us how much you'll need in terms of income. Capital is substitutable at 5x if you or he has any of this.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:58 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

No I believe he was told the best way to get over here to apply was on a B2, but again that was before we met.
Don't mind my other post then, lol.. You got me scared again!!

K1 or K3 will work. The question is.. where do you want to get married?, Do you want your husband to be able to leave the country without paying for advance of parole?, do you need him to work right away?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fatbrit

One blotch: entry record suggesting he would be more likely to be refused entry were he to visit again. Applying for extensions to a visitor's visa is usually the end of the road in my experience unless you were wired up to heart monitors and running up hospital bills at the time.

Everything else looks good except the financial aspect. Time for you to do your homework. Go to the link Noorah provided and tell us how much you'll need in terms of income. Capital is substitutable at 5x if you or he has any of this.
Oh my god......that is alot of money!! With my kids and I we are gonna need a lot of money.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:01 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right, his situation is pretty much like mine was, I got the K3 visa with no problems!
All You need is someone (US Citizen/PR) with money
Forum Regular

Don't mind my other post then, lol.. You got me scared again!!

K1 or K3 will work. The question is.. where do you want to get married?, Do you want your husband to be able to leave the country without paying for advance of parole?, do you need him to work right away?
I am still a bit frightened about the afidavit of support!!!
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god......that is alot of money!! With my kids and I we are gonna need a lot of money.

How much! I'm not going to go do the math for you! Give us the figure!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, look into your parents being joint sponsors. Retirement income is acceptable, and they only need to show enough to cover themselves + the immigrant, if they aren't supporting anyone else.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

I think you are right, his situation is pretty much like mine was, I got the K3 visa with no problems!
All You need is someone (US Citizen/PR) with money
I don't have that person!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

How much! I'm not going to go do the math for you! Give us the figure!
$28,000
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:05 pm

I don't have that person!!!
Cousins?, siblings?, aunts?, uncles??, a VERY good friend??, There has to be someone!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:07 pm

$28,000
Does he have any assets??
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:07 pm
Septicity

$28,000

You said he had some capital from the sale of his former marital home. How much, approx, USD or GBP? Also, have you got any capital? Equity in your home? Income?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

You said he had some capital from the sale of his former marital home. How much, approx, USD or GBP? Also, have you got any capital? Equity in your home? Income?
Yes he has about $15.000 a little more, I have none, I am a full time student and single mother, I don't own a home I rent.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:13 pm
Septicity

Yes he has about $15.000 a little more, I have none, I am a full time student and single mother, I don't own a home I rent.

Okay, so that should pull it down to $25k/yr or so that you need to find at this end. Job? Two jobs?

You must be living off something at the moment? What's your current "income"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.