Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to Marry a Man from Belfast

Originally Posted by eggie
My word........My confusion is because we have gotten very mixed stories from different sources, not because of my lack of understanding of the processes involved. Thank you so much for your kindness however. As a matter a fact getting married is one of our problems because we would like to do everything the correct way and not hold things up any further. My "open-ended" questions have delivered some responses that have been helpful to me. And finally the American Government, specifically Immigration Services sent him back.
Hi,
This is a simple and direct question that will affect what you are able to do in the future:

How did he apply for a Green Card?

One more (comes in a set):
In what way was he "sent back"? What is recorded in his passport, what did he file, what did he receive in the mail?

You two have done things that will impact your future choices. Clear up what's already happened if you want to get any useful information.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Retirement income is allowed. Look at the link I sent you, and see if they qualify for a family of 3 (assuming they are not financially responsible for anyone else).

His sister can only do it if she is a PR or Citizen.

I'm also curious how your man applied for a green card?

Rene
He applied for a Green Card through usafis.org
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi,
This is a simple and direct question that will affect what you are able to do in the future:

In what way was he "sent back"? What is recorded in his passport, what did he file, what did he receive in the mail?

You two have done things that will impact your future choices. Clear up what's already happened if you want to get any useful information.
Snap!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

He applied for a Green Card through usafis.org

Diversity visa lottery scam site! Phew! That's probably okay. Presume he didn't win. Apart from wasting his money, probably not done too much harm.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

eggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura abouteggie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi,

He received an denial for his B-2 renewal visa and went back in the time stated that he was supposed to.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:35 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Snap!
What's that supposed to mean??.

To the OP:
How did he get sent back??, was it a voluntary departure??, was he under removal proceedings??
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:37 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
It means we both posted the same questions at the same time. It's taken from a children's card game. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap_%28game%29
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

To the OP:
How did he get sent back??, was it a voluntary departure??, was he under removal proceedings??
No, It wasn't voluntary, I mean they didn't drag him out but his B-2 visa was denied so he had to leave. He was not under removal proceedings, he went before the time he needed to leave so there is not a ban on him as far as returning.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

He was granted voluntary departure then.
He wasn't deported (removal proceedings) so it shouldn't be too bad, a friend of mine left the country when she was told to, unfortunately she overstayed for about 200 days so she had to file a waiver and then file for the K1 visa.
no, he is fine there.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:41 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

It means we both posted the same questions at the same time. It's taken from a children's card game. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap_%28game%29
Interesting link, thanks!!
I though you were refering to That's so raven's SNAP!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:43 pm
Septicity

No, It wasn't voluntary, I mean they didn't drag him out but his B-2 visa was denied so he had to leave. He was not under removal proceedings, he went before the time he needed to leave so there is not a ban on him as far as returning.

Does he have any criminal record whatsoever and where ever?
Has he got any significant medical problems?
Does he work? Retired? Or what? Does he have capital? Own a house?

Why did he have a B-2 visa -- it is unusual for these to be issued to UK citizens. Has he had previous US visa issues?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Does he have any criminal record whatsoever and where ever?
Has he got any significant medical problems?
Does he work? Retired? Or what? Does he have capital? Own a house?

Why did he have a B-2 visa -- it is unusual for these to be issued to UK citizens. Has he had previous US visa issues?
No criminal record whatsoever.
No medical problems.
He did security in Belfast until he came over here, now he is looking again since he is there again.
Yes he has capital.
He does not own a house, he and his ex sold it.
He had a B-2 Visa because he was advised that that would be the easiest for him to get until he could get his green card, apparently he was advised wrong!!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:47 pm

Oh I see!. I tried extending my VWP (I didn't know you couldn't ask for an extension under this program.. I was a newbie!), they sent me a letter saying they denied my request.. went back to Spain, got married, filled out the forms for the visa, 72 days later I had the spousal visa in my hands!, no eyebrows raised.
I though he got deported, aww you scared the heck out of me!!.
I think you guys should start filing out the paperwork!

Ps: Brits can travel under the VWP, why did he get a B2?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:50 pm

No criminal record whatsoever.
No medical problems.
He did security in Belfast until he came over here, now he is looking again since he is there again.
Yes he has capital.
He does not own a house, he and his ex sold it.
He had a B-2 Visa because he was advised that that would be the easiest for him to get until he could get his green card, apparently he was advised wrong!!!!!!
He was told the best way to get a green card was to travel under a B2?? :scared:
Did you guys know each other at that time?, not trying to scare you but entering the US with preconceived intent of getting married under the VWP or B2 and file for AOS is Illegal :scared:

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jan 10th 2006 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I see!. I tried extending my VWP (I didn't know you couldn't ask for an extension under this program.. I was a newbie!), they sent me a letter saying they denied my request.. went back to Spain, got married, filled out the forms for the visa, 72 days later I had the spousal visa in my hands!, no eyebrows raised.
I though he got deported, aww you scared the heck out of me!!.
I think you guys should start filing out the paperwork!

Ps: Brits can travel under the VWP, why did he get a B2?
Heck if I know that was before we met? You think we should marry first?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.