Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Waiver of Inadmissibility Covid timeline

Waiver of Inadmissibility Covid timeline

Old Sep 29th 2021, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiver of Inadmissibility Covid timeline

Hi,

I got approved for an expedited appointment for my 01 Visa, this will be the first renewal. I have a 212d3 waiver that will have to be approved again.

Anyone had to get a waiver in the last few months that could share timeline?

Old Oct 7th 2021, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Waiver of Inadmissibility Covid timeline

Replying to help someone else if they are searching.

I had my appointment on 1st October and got refused. It changed to Administrative Processing on the 5th Oct and then got issued today on the 7/10.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in 25 years this is the first I've read of a visa being refused and then ultimately advanced to AP and then Approval.

Are you absolutely sure the "refused" is the correct term to have used?
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yes 100% I screenshot each stage as well.

Never happened last time and I was Googling trying to find out and found this:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...us-change.html
Old Oct 7th 2021, 9:13 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I believe in 25 years this is the first I've read of a visa being refused and then ultimately advanced to AP and then Approval.

Are you absolutely sure the "refused" is the correct term to have used?
In the 40 years I was in active practice, the action was either “refusal” or an “issue.” It was quite common for a “refusal” to be “overcome” and turn into a “issue.” “Administrative processing” is a fairly recent phenomena. In the context of the prior post I would analogize what happened to being “reopened” followed by a later approval. (On the stateside end of the immigration shop one would sometimes see “motion to reopen granted, you still lose but for a different reason”).

I mentioned in another thread that a formal “refusal” is not a “downside” to immigration lawyers if it can be overcome.

So, “refusal” is one of those terms of art which are not the same in common usage. (“Visa” is another such term. Even the Supreme Court has used it incorrectly, thereby making it correct. But I digress).

p.s. I now see that link where Department of State has reverted to former practice. Interesting.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Oct 7th 2021 at 9:17 pm. Reason: add I postscript on change of “administrative processing”