Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Waiting.. 'Administration Process" Us visa application

Waiting.. 'Administration Process" Us visa application

Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Clh_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting.. 'Administration Process" Us visa application

Hi there,

I just wondered if anyone had any enlightenment on the Administration process of an application.

My interview went well at the embassy and when asking the lady a time scale for my visa return she said 7 working days. since visiting the website i noticed 'administration process' waiting time was 60 days?

Has anyone been through this and has a better understanding for how long it takes also i have been checking the CEAC website each day for an update does this get updated regularly?

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting.. 'Administration Process" Us visa application

Hi, welcome to BE.

If you search the forum, you'll find loads of threads with info about AP on to help.

Good luck with it.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clh_5
My interview went well at the embassy and when asking the lady a time scale for my visa return she said 7 working days. since visiting the website i noticed 'administration process' waiting time was 60 days?
There are 2 types of administrative processing. One involves extensive background checks and can take up to two years. The other involves printing your visa and putting it in your passport. That takes about a week. If she said your visa was approved and she kept your passport, you're likely in group #2... and you can safely ignore what's posted on the web site.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2017, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There are 2 types of administrative processing. One involves extensive background checks and can take up to two years. The other involves printing your visa and putting it in your passport. That takes about a week. If she said your visa was approved and she kept your passport, you're likely in group #2... and you can safely ignore what's posted on the web site.

Ian

Thank you Ian, yes she did take my passport. I also haven't been asked for any further information or been given a letter like it suggests for additional documentation.

Regards
Carlie
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:20 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Administrative processing is a blanket term that covers all sorts of situations. All applicants go through AP after the interview, even if it's just for a few hours whilst the person who prints the visa in your passport does their job. Yours should change to "issued" within a week of your interview.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

I had my interview on the 5th april..today 20th april i have had an update on the ceac site however it is still in administrative processing

does this mean it will likely take the 60 days? or has anyone experiences this and had it sooner?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute

I had my interview on the 5th april..today 20th april i have had an update on the ceac site however it is still in administrative processing

does this mean it will likely take the 60 days? or has anyone experiences this and had it sooner?
We had the same we went to the US embassy in London on the 14th March when I logged onto get an update it showed the message Administrative Process after 2 weeks our visas were issued. Nothing to worry about.😀😀
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any particular reason they would need full AP? T connection?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they give you any sort of slip when you attended the interview? Or was this AP out of the blue and you were told your visa was approved at the time of the interview?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 10:37 am
Just Joined

No i never received any indication as to why it would need looking into, i had no documentation the woman just said 7 days you should receive your visa.

I have checked again today, once more it has been updated but to AP - just wondered if like this can be normal.

from 5th to today this is over two weeks now.

regards
carlie
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this can be normal.

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2017, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... from 5th to today this is over two weeks now.
You don't mention what visa you applied for... but you seem to be reacting as though this is some sort of undue burden.

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:50 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

No i never received any indication as to why it would need looking into, i had no documentation the woman just said 7 days you should receive your visa.

I have checked again today, once more it has been updated but to AP - just wondered if like this can be normal.

from 5th to today this is over two weeks now.

regards
carlie
Bear in mind that in the UK there have been 2 bank holidays during this period and also schools have been/are off too. This leads to people taking vacation time which tends to slow the whole process down by a few days. When dealing with immigration processes you have to learn to be patient and accept that the wheels of government departments turn at their own speed.

Lizzy
Old Apr 21st 2017, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giri26
Did they give you any sort of slip when you attended the interview? Or was this AP out of the blue and you were told your visa was approved at the time of the interview?
Not to be rude but if you had read the entire thread you will note that AP happens to everyone who has been approved. It is the status given online for those whose visas are being processed and sent to the courier for delivery.

For those that have dubious results at the time of the interview, AP means something else although it is the same term that will appear on the online status.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Bear in mind that in the UK there have been 2 bank holidays during this period and also schools have been/are off too. This leads to people taking vacation time which tends to slow the whole process down by a few days. When dealing with immigration processes you have to learn to be patient and accept that the wheels of government departments turn at their own speed.

Lizzy

Thanks for posting this reminder. It is the US Consulate and quite possibly it was closed for Good Friday and for the Monday after Easter. They do not work on weekends so 7 working days might be actually 11 regular days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.