Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Waiting for 10 year green card after biometrics!

Waiting for 10 year green card after biometrics!

Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:08 pm
Banned

jjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waiting for 10 year green card after biometrics!

So my wife completed her I-751 on 11/15/2006 (petition to remove conditions on residence) then sent it to the VT center and appeared at the biometrics appointment on 1/19/2007.

VSC website says now processing cases with a receipt note date of August 02, 2006.

Does this mean what I think it may mean?

We attached plenty of supporting documentation to the I-751.

It still says pending on the website.

She has not received her 10 yr green card yet.

Is this normal?

Perhaps just as important, they gave her a 1 year extension on her NOA. What happens if they take more than a year to process her 10 yr green card?

Will she get another extension? Or will she lose her conditional permanent residence?

The DMV here is pretty nasty about legal presence and her driver's license is expiring all the time causing lost time from work to get it renewed. We need documentation to continue to prove her lawful presence and the NOA with the 1 year extension just BARELY got her driver's license extended.

Do they send another letter out if they are taking over a year?

Thanks

Last edited by jjjj200282; Mar 6th 2007 at 11:28 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for 10 year green card after biometrics!

Originally Posted by jjjj200282
Having recently lost my crystal ball, I have no idea what you might think it means... however, pay no attention to the dates or timelines. They are meaningless at best, and wrong at worst.

Is this normal?
Not only is this normal, it's standard operating procedure.

Will she get another extension?
If it looks like another year is going to pass, she should make an InfoPass appointment and get her passport stamped!

Or will she lose her conditional permanent residence?
The I-751 is a low priority application. Why? Because your status does *not* change during the time it is being adjudicated. Regardless, when she is eligible to file for naturalization, she should file whether or not the I-751 is adjudicated. Filing the N-400 will force adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

she will not receive the green card until the I-751 has been adjudicated and approved. Until she receives the second NOA in the mail stating this, she is no closer to getting the green card than she was before going for her biometrics appointment.

Having biometrics done is not indicative of an affirmative response to her I-751. It is SOP for the biometrics to be done a few weeks or a few months after applying for removal of conditions.

If they take more than a year to adjudicate the petition (in our case VSC took nearly 20 months) she makes an infopass appointment and gets an I-551 stamp in her passport. Remember her status has not expired; only the face of the green card has.

Originally Posted by jjjj200282
So my wife completed her I-751 on 11/15/2006 (petition to remove conditions on residence) then sent it to the VT center and appeared at the biometrics appointment on 1/19/2007.

VSC website says now processing cases with a receipt note date of August 02, 2006.

We attached plenty of supporting documentation to the I-751.

It still says pending on the website.

She has not received her 10 yr green card yet.

Is this normal?

Perhaps just as important, they gave her a 1 year extension on her NOA. What happens if they take more than a year to process her 10 yr green card?

Will she get another extension? Or will she lose her conditional permanent residence?

The DMV here is pretty nasty about legal presence and her driver's license is expiring all the time causing lost time from work to get it renewed. We need documentation to continue to prove her lawful presence and the NOA with the 1 year extension just BARELY got her driver's license extended.

Do they send another letter out if they are taking over a year?

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I filed my I-751 last July & only got my Permanent resident card yesterday. It takes ages so I wouldn't worry. I carried around all the paperwork I had in case I was ever questioned about my last card with the expired expiry date.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:45 pm
Banned

jjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond reputejjjj200282 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all