Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

VWP Entry and Adjustment of Status

VWP Entry and Adjustment of Status

Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Shellytime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP Entry and Adjustment of Status

Biometrics appt in Detroit tomorrow... have not received anything at all other then the appt notice... hope that's a good sign
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Next step: You receive a combination EAD/AP document in the mail.

Does that mean that he would able to work when he gets this? If so, how long does that normally take to arrive please?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellytime
Next step: You receive a combination EAD/AP document in the mail.

Does that mean that he would able to work when he gets this? If so, how long does that normally take to arrive please?
Yes, he can work once he receives the EAD/AP document in hand.

It normally takes about 90 days after filing AOS to get that EAD/AP document in hand.

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Rather then the EAD/AP we have received an I-797C Notice of Action - "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview". Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step, but my greater concern is that it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step...
It usually tells you what application the interview is in support of. Did it not say?

... it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?
Sounds like it.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Rather then the EAD/AP we have received an I-797C Notice of Action - "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview". Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step, but my greater concern is that it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?
Yes that's the normal AOS interview.

And also yes you need to bring everything you filed before.that's why you send only copies + you will need bring additional evidence of your relationship like wedding pictures. holiday pics; insurance docs; joint bank statements etc.

In an nut shell everything which shows that you and your husband have a genuine "mingled life-marriage".

Good luck
CCR
BTW I filed from VWP.I hab my return ticket with me and also my email to my employer in uk wher I terminated my contract.They kept it in my file and it seemed to be well taken by the Immigration officer.

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Aug 18th 2011 at 9:20 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

It says Case Form: I-485
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

yup - that's your AOS interview. Nobody can predict how it will go. just to prepared with all documents which can be used as evidence for your genuine marriage.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

OK, thank you - only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK, thank you - only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.
No worries . That's normal because you live close to Detroit.

Only your paperwork goes to the Chicago lockbox like for everybody else.

I filed in Chicago and had my interview in Denver
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Now you know what the interview is for!

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

I had always assumed that our interview would also be in Chicago...but Detroit works out much better

Thanks again - going to get to work on re-creating the original packet.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:38 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that a concern? You said that you had your biometrics appointment in Detroit - it seems that you live in the Detroit district. Do you have a reason for wanting to travel to Chicago?

Regards, JEff

only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

It isn't a concern now - again I was under the impression that we had to have our "official interview" at the Chicago location from all of the posts that I have read in the past...just a misunderstanding, as I thought that maybe this wasn't THE meeting but maybe something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.