British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   VWP Entry and Adjustment of Status (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/vwp-entry-adjustment-status-692675/)

Shellytime Jul 25th 2011 7:03 pm

Re: VWP Entry and Adjustment of Status

Biometrics appt in Detroit tomorrow... have not received anything at all other then the appt notice... hope that's a good sign :unsure:

Shellytime Jul 29th 2011 4:10 pm

Next step: You receive a combination EAD/AP document in the mail.

Does that mean that he would able to work when he gets this? If so, how long does that normally take to arrive please?

Noorah101 Jul 29th 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9526506)
Next step: You receive a combination EAD/AP document in the mail.

Does that mean that he would able to work when he gets this? If so, how long does that normally take to arrive please?

Yes, he can work once he receives the EAD/AP document in hand.

It normally takes about 90 days after filing AOS to get that EAD/AP document in hand.

Rene

Shellytime Jul 29th 2011 4:52 pm

Thank you Rene!

Shellytime Aug 18th 2011 9:59 pm

Rather then the EAD/AP we have received an I-797C Notice of Action - "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview". Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step, but my greater concern is that it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?

ian-mstm Aug 18th 2011 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567777)
Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step...

It usually tells you what application the interview is in support of. Did it not say?

... it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?
Sounds like it.

Ian

crosscountryrider Aug 18th 2011 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567777)
Rather then the EAD/AP we have received an I-797C Notice of Action - "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview". Not sure if this is supposed to be the next step, but my greater concern is that it says that I have to bring in everything that I filed initially, which I don't have... Is this the normal AOS interview?

Yes that's the normal AOS interview.

And also yes you need to bring everything you filed before.that's why you send only copies + you will need bring additional evidence of your relationship like wedding pictures. holiday pics; insurance docs; joint bank statements etc.

In an nut shell everything which shows that you and your husband have a genuine "mingled life-marriage".

Good luck
CCR
BTW I filed from VWP.I hab my return ticket with me and also my email to my employer in uk wher I terminated my contract.They kept it in my file and it seemed to be well taken by the Immigration officer.

Shellytime Aug 18th 2011 10:19 pm

It says Case Form: I-485

crosscountryrider Aug 18th 2011 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567821)

yup - that's your AOS interview. Nobody can predict how it will go. just to prepared with all documents which can be used as evidence for your genuine marriage.

Shellytime Aug 18th 2011 10:24 pm

OK, thank you - only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.

crosscountryrider Aug 18th 2011 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567835)
OK, thank you - only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.

No worries . That's normal because you live close to Detroit.

Only your paperwork goes to the Chicago lockbox like for everybody else.

I filed in Chicago and had my interview in Denver

ian-mstm Aug 18th 2011 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567821)

Now you know what the interview is for! :)

Ian

Shellytime Aug 18th 2011 10:36 pm

I had always assumed that our interview would also be in Chicago...but Detroit works out much better :)

Thanks again - going to get to work on re-creating the original packet.

jeffreyhy Aug 18th 2011 10:38 pm

Why is that a concern? You said that you had your biometrics appointment in Detroit - it seems that you live in the Detroit district. Do you have a reason for wanting to travel to Chicago?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Shellytime (Post 9567835)
only one other area of concern...the appointment is in Detroit instead of Chicago.

Shellytime Aug 18th 2011 10:42 pm

It isn't a concern now - again I was under the impression that we had to have our "official interview" at the Chicago location from all of the posts that I have read in the past...just a misunderstanding, as I thought that maybe this wasn't THE meeting but maybe something else.