VWP to AOS

Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP to AOS

If I understand correctly, you have received Receipt Notices for your I-130 and applications and a biometrics appointment notice? And no notice for your son's I-130 and application to adjust status?

I would be making inquiries now.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
In regards to the information that the USCIS require on my son, an appointment will be sent at some point?

I am waiting for some correspondence on behalf of my son, I sent the packages off together on 07/11/2012, approx how long is long enough to start inquiries, do you think?
Old Aug 8th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
If I understand correctly, you have received Receipt Notices for your I-130 and applications and a biometrics appointment notice? And no notice for your son's I-130 and application to adjust status?

I would be making inquiries now.

Regards, JEff
Thank you very much for suggesting that I made inquiries Jeff, I appreciate it
I rang the USCIS customer service department yesterday, and was informed that they had rejected my son's application due to insufficient funds, and had wrote and explained this. I thus informed them that i had received no such information, after a few minutes it came to light that the address that they had for my son was totally incorrect, and not the same as i had put on the form, I checked the photocopy that of the AOS application that i had just to double check, and they had input an incorrect address.

The customer service agent gave me another number to ring to find out more information on the "insufficient funds". I spoke to a very helpful lady who after about half hour of searching had understood what had actually happened, which was that I had attached two cheque on for $1890.00 and another for $1490, the lesser amount being for my son, the agent explained that the higher amount was too much and that they it took it upon themselves to apply the $1490 that was allocated to mys sons's application to mine and refuse his, so that they could at least begin to process mine.

I was advised to cancel the cheque for $1890 as they had sent that and some correspondence to the incorrect address, and to re-apply for my son's AOS application with a cheque for $1490. The agent informed me that when you are applying for a AOS as I was in a complete package all at once, that the employment fee and another (sorry i cant remember which) were included in the overall price.

So I reapplied for my son yesterday and stopped the former cheque, also I corrected the address on the original form incase they were going to send out any other correspondence in relation to it.

I called the USCIS back to double check that my fee was complete and no money owing on my case, (just to be on the safe side) and they explained that they had already cashed it, and taken the application fee and the biometric fee, and all was well

Thanks again Jeff you also saved me a few hundred dollars too
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Update - Checked the online case study and saw that I had been issued a RFE dated 08/08/2012, I rang the USCIS to inquire about the evidence required, however i was informed that was not possible, and that my option was to wait.....so patiently I wait

Also when hoovering the room last night i found my sons photograph that i had attached to his new application I was wondering if my best option was to wait until the USCIS asked for it and until I had a receipt number, what do you guys think?

Thank you
Old Aug 9th 2012, 5:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Update - Checked the online case study and saw that I had been issued a RFE dated 08/08/2012, I rang the USCIS to inquire about the evidence required, however i was informed that was not possible, and that my option was to wait.....so patiently I wait
Exactly. With an RFE, there is no way to know what evidence they want until you get the letter in the mail with the details.

Also when hoovering the room last night i found my sons photograph that i had attached to his new application I was wondering if my best option was to wait until the USCIS asked for it and until I had a receipt number, what do you guys think?
Yes, just wait for USCIS to send another RFE if necessary. If you send anything to USCIS without them first asking for it, it will never get matched up to your case file.

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Exactly. With an RFE, there is no way to know what evidence they want until you get the letter in the mail with the details.

Yes, just wait for USCIS to send another RFE if necessary. If you send anything to USCIS without them first asking for it, it will never get matched up to your case file.

Rene
Much appreciated Rene, I'll wait
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

UPDATE

I am still awaiting the RFE that was sent out 08/08/2012, I rang twice and was told to wait and to only call back if I had not received it by 08/23/2012 which is today, so I will ring later.

I just checked my case status online and it has changed and no longer states "RFE etc" but now states "card/document production" I am totally confused by this change, can anyone please shed some light on this matter

My Biometrics is scheduled for this coming Monday 27th August 2012

I resent my son's package using the slip it was returned with and with the correct fee, and am awaiting news on that at present I am going to check later to see if the cheque has been cashed yet.

Thank You
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a mistake has been made in setting the online status. The question is, was the error with the previous status (RFE), the current status (card/document production), or both?

Time will tell. Or, make an InfoPass appointment to visit your District or Sub office. (Calling the misinformation line will get you ...)

Regards, JEff

I am still awaiting the RFE that was sent out 08/08/2012, I rang twice and was told to wait and to only call back if I had not received it by 08/23/2012 which is today, so I will ring later.

I just checked my case status online and it has changed and no longer states "RFE etc" but now states "card/document production" I am totally confused by this change, can anyone please shed some light on this matter

My Biometrics is scheduled for this coming Monday 27th August 2012
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Sounds like a mistake has been made in setting the online status. The question is, was the error with the previous status (RFE), the current status (card/document production), or both?

Time will tell. Or, make an InfoPass appointment to visit your District or Sub office. (Calling the misinformation line will get you ...)

Regards, JEff
Thank you for your suggestion Jeffreyhy

I rang the so rightly put "misinformation line" and was informed that there is not a "RFE" on the system for me nor ever was, which is strange because i found out about the RFE myself once i had logged onto the online status and the fact was further confirmed by the agents at the customer services, which i totally do not understand

The agents merely confirmed what i read on the online status, and could tell me no more, nor put me through to anyone who could shed some light on the matter of whether there ever was a RFE or not, of whether the current online status is correct.

I attempted to book an appointment with a info pass however the options for booking did not fit my situation, indicating that i was unable to book an appointment with them. The options for cases already filed were basically (a) order immigration court (b) Case Processing Appointment (c) EAD inquiry appointment or (d) case service follow up appointment (if you have not contacted NCSC for 45days and havent received a reply to your inquiry)

Ideally i feel the need to see an agent face to face, however it doesnt seem feasible, I do not want to lie to get an appointment, any suggestions
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Choose option (b).

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I do not want to lie to get an appointment...
Nonsense... you aren't going to hurt the feelings of the phone tree!

Ian
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Choose option (b).

Rene
Will do Rene Thank you
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Nonsense... you aren't going to hurt the feelings of the phone tree!

Ian
Thank you Ian-mstm, I kept picturing being reprimanded and turned away, but your right that it nonsense,

Will be booking an info pass appt and will update as soon as I have some more news
Old Aug 25th 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Heading_Baltimore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mama_Drama, i read your post and thought "ummmm, she really chose the right name ... in a good way". Glad to read that things seems to be on the right track for you and hopefully you will smile at the end whilst enjoying your new abode with son and man.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heading_Baltimore
Hi Mama_Drama, i read your post and thought "ummmm, she really chose the right name ... in a good way". Glad to read that things seems to be on the right track for you and hopefully you will smile at the end whilst enjoying your new abode with son and man.
Looool Thank you very much!!! It makes me chuckle too
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

An update

I managed to book an appointment with the Infopass for next week, i'll let you know how that goes.

today I received my son's biometric appointment letter, dated for 09/19/2012 the online status on his case has not changed since they updated it to tell me that he was rejected due to an issue with the fee, i resent his package 08/13/2012, according to the bank the cheque was cashed on the 22nd, this is the first document that i have received in relation to my son's application, does that sound right to you guys?

Today i also received some information, I received the "lost" Request for Initial Evidence, it is requesting a copy of my birth certificate, which i have some copies of fortunately, it states that on receipt of the birth certificate "the service will process your application of employment authorization" I will post this special delivery first thing Monday morning, which by the way is my biometric!!!!! wooopwooop

I'd like to add, again, that the suggestions and pointers available here are fantastic!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.