Vwp

Old Mar 10th 2015, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Florin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vwp

Originally Posted by crg
There is likely more to this story. People don't generally get stuffed back on the plane and refused without something going on. The poster has the statement and could tell us the nature of the problem that caused the refusal. Perhaps he applied for a visa and was denied as a Romanian and then failed to put that information in the ESTA application. Perhaps he had been working on the last 90 day trip.
No...I do not apply for a Visa never! If I was apply for a Visa and get a refuse they don't let me in for the first time with vwp! I saw the cbp oficer iritated that i have 5000$ cash with me! Nah wherever! So doesn't Matter in which ambassy I go to apply for a Visa!? The chances I think will be fifty/fifty...
Old Mar 10th 2015, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The outcome is 50/50. Chance of any given outcome depends.

How long was your previous visit, how long were you going for this time and for what purpose.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 12:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Florin13
So doesn't Matter in which ambassy I go to apply for a Visa!?
No.

Ian
Old Mar 11th 2015, 11:34 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

If I was apply for a Visa and get a refuse they don't let me in for the first time with vwp!
Interesting theory...
Old Mar 11th 2015, 12:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... If I was apply for a Visa and get a refuse they don't let me in for the first time with vwp! ......
To expand on crg's comment, it is a common, but mistaken, belief that if you have a visa application rejected that you can no longer use the VWP. That is not correct. People can and do use the VWP after having a visa application rejected, though it requires a wait of 6-12 months after the visa application is rejected, or sometimes longer, before ESTA is approved.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 11th 2015 at 12:54 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
To expand on crg's comment, it is a common, but mistaken, belief that if you have a visa application rejected that you can no longer use the VWP. That is not correct. People can and do use the VWP after having a visa application rejected, though it requires a wait of 6-12 months after the visa application is rejected, or sometimes longer, before ESTA is approved.
Do you mean that I will be able after a year to use again Visa waiver program!?
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 3:02 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not. You had a Visa Waiver Refusal done at a port of entry. It's not subject to any review and makes you forever ineligible for VWP.

Someone with a denied ESTA can apply for ESTA again, but a VWP refusal is requires a visa to overcome.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by crg
Absolutely not. You had a Visa Waiver Refusal done at a port of entry. It's not subject to any review and makes you forever ineligible for VWP.

Someone with a denied ESTA can apply for ESTA again, but a VWP refusal is requires a visa to overcome.
Interesting. So a VWP refusal at a PoE is "worse" than a visa application denial.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 4:02 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Interesting. So a VWP refusal at a PoE is "worse" than a visa application denial.
Yes, if the formal refusal is completed. The passport notation he described indicates it was. He now has an alien file as a violator but was not ordered removed. It's unheard of for a VWP traveler to be sent back from an airport with VWP eligibility intact. Sometimes the eligibility is left intact at land crossings such as when the passport is expired, is missing an e-chip or something minor.

Per 8 USC 1187 a visa is required to overcome the VWP refusal:

(g) Visa application sole method to dispute denial of waiver based on a ground of inadmissibility
In the case of an alien denied a waiver under the program by reason of a ground of inadmissibility described in section 1182 (a) of this title that is discovered at the time of the alien’s application for the waiver or through the use of an automated electronic database required under subsection (a)(9) of this section, the alien may apply for a visa at an appropriate consular office outside the United States. There shall be no other means of administrative or judicial review of such a denial, and no court or person otherwise shall have jurisdiction to consider any claim attacking the validity of such a denial.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
Yes, if the formal refusal is completed. The passport notation he described indicates it was. He now has an alien file as a violator but was not ordered removed. It's unheard of for a VWP traveler to be sent back from an airport with VWP eligibility intact. Sometimes the eligibility is left intact at land crossings such as when the passport is expired, is missing an e-chip or something minor.

Per 8 USC 1187 a visa is required to overcome the VWP refusal:

(g) Visa application sole method to dispute denial of waiver based on a ground of inadmissibility
In the case of an alien denied a waiver under the program by reason of a ground of inadmissibility described in section 1182 (a) of this title that is discovered at the time of the alien’s application for the waiver or through the use of an automated electronic database required under subsection (a)(9) of this section, the alien may apply for a visa at an appropriate consular office outside the United States. There shall be no other means of administrative or judicial review of such a denial, and no court or person otherwise shall have jurisdiction to consider any claim attacking the validity of such a denial.
Good answers! Tnx! And what do you think,what chance I have to get a Visa!?
Old Mar 11th 2015, 5:41 pm
crg
American Expat

There are too may variables to consider. It could come down to whether or not the Consular Official was intimate with their spouse the night before the interview or not. It will cost the visa fee to find out. Just don't lie to them or they can slap a lifetime bar on you for fraud or misrepresentation.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... what chance I have to get a Visa!?
Everyone wants to know their chances. All you really need to know is that if you don't apply, your chances are 0%. If you want the visa, apply for it.

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2015, 8:13 am
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Think of the visa application like a job interview. The more prepared you are and the better you come across at the interview the higher the chance you may be successful.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

The hungarian Citizen can travel from 26 january 2015 free in Canada without a Visa,needs to have good ties and a medical exam! If my Esta Visa status is not approved to travel in USA,they will let me travel in Canada!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.