Wikiposts

VWP

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP

Originally Posted by ustraveler
But am i violating VWP laws by visiting my wife?
No.

I know i'm asking a lot of questions here but i am just worried and I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from....

e.g.

Customer officer asks "What's the purpose of your visit?"

I reply "vacation" Right?

Are you married? I reply YES.

How long you intend to stay? I say 18 days.
That all sounds right to me.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... because i have read on a few websites where people have been interrogated sent back cause of all this.
You need to put things into perspective. For every "interrogation" you've read about, there are hundreds of thousands of people who don't have a problem. You are focussing on the very smallest percentage of travellers.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No.

That all sounds right to me.

Rene
I agree with Rene's last post. It's important for you to remember: you are not doing anything wrong! You don't have to sneak into the US or anything like it.. if the officer asks if you are married to a US citizen, the answer is yes. At that point, I might even break my own rule and say I am waiting for my immigrant visa but need a little face-time with my spouse. 18 days is a perfectly reasonable visit and the reason people get 'interrogated' in the back room is usually more related to their past history of visiting (how often and for how long).
You can hold your head high when you arrive; you are not doing anything wrong.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice

You guys are wonderful. I'm glad this site has been setup, I just like to take the right routes in life and to be able to sleep well at night... That's going a bit too far!!!

If i have anymore questions, shall i post it here or create a new post???

Thanks again!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are wonderful. I'm glad this site has been setup, I just like to take the right routes in life and to be able to sleep well at night... That's going a bit too far!!!

If i have anymore questions, shall i post it here or create a new post???

Thanks again!
If your questions relate to this same topic - your VWP entry - post them here. If you have a new topic, please create a new thread.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice

Thank you Rene.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Rene,

What if i was married and i didn't apply for any type of visa, then i flew to the states???

Would this cause any problems?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What if i was married and i didn't apply for any type of visa, then i flew to the states???

Would this cause any problems?
Flew to the US for what purpose?
Problems for what?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

It's another question regarding my POST -

Hi guys,

I'm currently married to a US citizen. My wife has submitted the K-3 visa application just over two months ago and currently waiting.

We got married in MAY 2008 in Cali. I live in the UK.

I'm planning a trip to see her in November for two weeks and I want to know if I can travel on the VWP program?

Can anyone give me any ideas if this will cause any problems?

Thanks

What kind of problems would this have caused? Just curious...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry too much. Most of the time they don't ask you anything. A few weeks ago I travelled to the US under the VWP with my wife (who is a US citizen). The officer saw us together and had no questions apart from "how long are you staying?". I had more questions from her UK colleague on the way back.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:32 pm

I'm planning a trip to see her in November for two weeks and I want to know if I can travel on the VWP program?
Yes, you can.

Can anyone give me any ideas if this will cause any problems?
I think we answered this before...it shouldn't cause any problems other than those of a normal VWP traveler. Bring proof of your ties to the UK.

What do you mean? You just described the VWP entry, which is the same thing you asked about above. We've answered before about how being married might affect your travel on the VWP (i.e, no visa). Just enter as a normal VWP person.

See the answer above. Traveling on the VWP (i.e., no visa), does not cause problems in and of itself. Tons of people do it all the time.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:27 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My fiancee traveled to the states to see me while his K1 visa was being processed. He brought proof of ties to the UK but they never mentioned the isa. He just said he wasover on Holiday. He visisted me a few time with no problems. I was worried as well but I think you'll be fine. No need to mention anything extra!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

kiriyama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
I agree with Rene's last post. It's important for you to remember: you are not doing anything wrong! You don't have to sneak into the US or anything like it.. if the officer asks if you are married to a US citizen, the answer is yes. At that point, I might even break my own rule and say I am waiting for my immigrant visa but need a little face-time with my spouse. 18 days is a perfectly reasonable visit and the reason people get 'interrogated' in the back room is usually more related to their past history of visiting (how often and for how long).
You can hold your head high when you arrive; you are not doing anything wrong.
This is correct. I did get stopped and taken downstairs for a chat with a sinister young lady about my intentions, but I was not married to an American at the time. I had, however, visited twice already that year, for more than a couple of weeks each time. She asked me about my occupation, how I could afford to visit so often, why I was visiting (vacation), etc etc.

As long as you are not breaking any rules (you are not), have not over stayed and have a return ticket, then they will let you in. Just be truthful, only answer what they ask and don't show a bad attitude. You will be fine.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiriyama

As long as you are not breaking any rules (you are not), have not over stayed and have a return ticket, then they will let you in. Just be truthful, only answer what they ask and don't show a bad attitude. You will be fine.
I'm sorry to disagree with you.

Not breaking rules. Having a return ticket. Being truthful. Answering honestly and having a good attitude does not gain you entry in to the USA.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

penguinbar

My fiancee traveled to the states to see me while his K1 visa was being processed. He brought proof of ties to the UK but they never mentioned the isa. He just said he wasover on Holiday. He visisted me a few time with no problems. I was worried as well but I think you'll be fine. No need to mention anything extra!

What do you mean by isa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.