VVImp Visa Question

Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

rajjs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VVImp Visa Question

Hi,

Iam a Member of ISKCON Temple center at Juhu (India) and am providing my services, [both technical and devotional], to it since 1998 without any monetory benifits. Also, as a secondary occupation Iam working as a Software Programmer in a Pvt. Ltd. company with the permission of my Spiritual Master (Guruji) in order to gain knowledge and experience in the field of computers so that I can use that knowledge and experience gained, for providing my technical services to ISKCON in a more professional way.
ISKCON Temple center at Baltimore requires my services and has sponsored me and my local temple center has told me to go and help the temple center at Baltimore.I had my interview on 19th/July/2004.But I was refused visa on grounds that I being a software programmer how can I go on R1 visa.I fail to understand why was I refused on this basis because I being a member of ISKCON am going to U.S. to render my services to the ISKCON center at Baltimore without any monetory benefits and that's the reason I applied under R1 visa.

I will be very grateful to anyone who could kindly guide me if I do not fall under R1 visa category then under which visa category do I fall?

P.S. In ISKCON Society, Members can work for ISKCON Projects and also work at a full range of jobs and businesses much like the general population.

1) If I want to appeal the denial what is the procedure to do so? Also what documents or proofs do i need to submit?
2) What if my sponsor himself goes to the us consulate in india (he is already in india for visit) and talks with the counsular officer?
3) But with which councellor officer?I was denied twice by two diff consular officer.

Awaiting you reply.

Thanking You.GOD Bless You.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VVImp Visa Question

We have been here before:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243194
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VVImp Visa Question

How many times do you have to be told ...GET A IMMIGRATION LAWYER