British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   VSC - Processing times question. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/vsc-processing-times-question-512554/)

polsmt Feb 7th 2008 1:56 pm

VSC - Processing times question.

Hey Folks,

Looking for other VSC timelines to ease my worry.

I filed I-751 on 10th Sep 07
Biometics on 28th Nov 07

To date still waiting on a receipt letter to say my green card is extended.

I called the helpline last night and the automated response says they are 15 wks behind sending out receipt notices for filings after July.

Should I follow up up, anyone else waiting? Its starting to effect my work as I cant travel across to Canada for meetings etc

Any thoughts appreciated.

Paul

Noorah101 Feb 7th 2008 2:10 pm

Re: VSC - Processing times question.

Originally Posted by polsmt (Post 5899468)
Should I follow up up, anyone else waiting? Its starting to effect my work as I cant travel across to Canada for meetings etc

If you need to travel, you can try making an Infopass appointment to get a temp stamp in your passport. Bring in proof that you filed the I-751, and proof of your travel plans.

Rene

polsmt Feb 7th 2008 3:27 pm

I'm not so much worried about travelling as I am about having missed something in the mail.

Any VSC'ers got their reciept notice who filed after July?

Thanks

P.

kbf Feb 7th 2008 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by polsmt (Post 5899768)
I'm not so much worried about travelling as I am about having missed something in the mail.

Thanks

P.

I filed mine on Sept 26 (VSC). I did get the extension letter but didn't get the Bio letter. Called 1-800 number and they told me to wait...but I made an info pass apt and they printed me one. As you already have your bios done, you don't have to worry but if possible make an info pass appointment and talk to someone who really knows. I am pretty sure they will stamp your passport or print you an extension letter

hardball2007 Feb 9th 2008 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by polsmt (Post 5899768)

Thanks

P.

I filed i751 in Oct 2007, got the 1 year extension letter in November. Biometrics in December. Nothing since then.

AlanR Feb 9th 2008 8:32 pm

I filed I-751 on 10th Sep 07
Biometrics on 28th Nov 07
Any thoughts appreciated .

Now it may not be helpful, but I filed my/our I-751 on 11 September 2006 (yes, just about 1 year almost before yours). My approval/lifting of conditions/10-year GC was in May 2007. Not sure if this time schedule has speeded up since then, but it may be somewhat of a clue.