Visitor's visa

Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor's visa

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
But what is the purpose of her visit...
I was trying to state that the purpose of her visit should simply be to visit the USA, see the family, see the baby. Not take care of the baby.

..., and why does it require a 6-month stay in the USA, if not to take care of the child?
It doesn't requre a 6-month stay, but I know lots of B-2 visa holders who, if allowed to stay 6 months, do so.

Just curious, because without a valid purpose she probably will not be successful getting a B-2 visa.
I agree. I am trying to say the valid purpose should be tourism, not taking care of the baby.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
Unless she is a Turkish citizen.
Good point. I assumed since the OP said she was coming from Turkey, that she is a Turkish citizen. I suppose she could be a UK citizen living in Turkey. In which case, she should just use the VWP and stay in the USA up to 90 days only.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Understood, and agreed. Tourism would be a valid reason for a B-2 visa, which she would have to demonstrate. The problem being, tourism isn't her reason for wanting to come to the USA, and so might be a bit more difficult for her to demonstrate than usual.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I was trying to state that the purpose of her visit should simply be to visit the USA, see the family, see the baby. Not take care of the baby.

It doesn't requre a 6-month stay, but I know lots of B-2 visa holders who, if allowed to stay 6 months, do so.

I agree. I am trying to say the valid purpose should be tourism, not taking care of the baby.

Rene
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Understood, and agreed. Tourism would be a valid reason for a B-2 visa, which she would have to demonstrate. The problem being, tourism isn't her reason for wanting to come to the USA, and so might be a bit more difficult for her to demonstrate than usual.

Regards, JEff
She is intending to make a family visit which is a perfectly valid reason for a B2.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nateusa
what do you suggest then in terms of visa?
My sister in law, who is Kenyan, was denied a US visa for a proposed family visit of several months on the basis that she did not have sufficient ties to Kenya (she is widowed and her immediate family are all living outside Kenya). Turkey is not Kenya however your aunt will probably need to overcome some suspicion on the part of the consular official that she is intending to stay in the US permanently, due to the length of the visit. So she needs to show evidence of ties to Turkey eg current employment (with letter from employer), immediate family in Turkey, plus evidence of who will support her visit in the US. She should document as much as possible and be prepared to provide detailed answers about these matters at the consular interview.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to know what would be best if you have a relative overseas that you want to come for extended period of time(ideally a year??) on a visitor's visa. I was looking to have my aunt come over to stay to look after my little un. Cheers
Originally Posted by newXgate
She is intending to make a family visit which is a perfectly valid reason for a B2.
The opening post suggests otherwise, it appears the intent is far more than a family visit, and is not a perfectly valid reason for a B-2
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not the purpose of the visit that the OP stated, and it doesn't require a year to accomplish.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by newXgate
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
The opening post suggests otherwise, it appears the intent is far more than a family visit, and is not a perfectly valid reason for a B-2
Thats not the purpose of the visit that the OP stated, and it doesn't require a year to accomplish.
I agree with the above statements. I am suggesting to the OP to have her aunt change her expectations and purpose of the visit to one of tourism, so that she can see (visit) the new addition to the extended family. She should not plan on staying a year, or even 6 months...maybe a couple/few months at most.

If the OP wants someone to watch the baby, they should hire a nanny.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:56 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I agree with the above statements. I am suggesting to the OP to have her aunt change her expectations and purpose of the visit to one of tourism, so that she can see (visit) the new addition to the extended family. She should not plan on staying a year, or even 6 months...maybe a couple/few months at most.

If the OP wants someone to watch the baby, they should hire a nanny.

Rene
Sorry, I don't agree with any of the above statements.

I just would feel lot more comfortable with my relative looking after my daughter than a nanny.

She would not stay here permanently as I stated rather six months or a year to help us.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I just would feel lot more comfortable with my relative looking after my daughter than a nanny.

She would not stay here permanently as I stated rather six months or a year to help us.
You may feel more comfortable but if she tells the interviewing officer when applying for a B2 visa that the purpose of her visit will be to look after her nephews child, there is likely a high possibility that she would be denied the visa. If she did get the visa and told the POE officer the same, there is likely a high possibility that she would be turned away at the border.

Last edited by Michael; Apr 12th 2013 at 5:23 am.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:49 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

An if she tells ConOff or PoE that she likely won't be coming at all. At this point you should accept that your word means nothing in the eyes of the US authorities. If it is discovered (or she tells them) that that is her intent she will likely a) be denied the visa or b) sent home on the next flight.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:47 pm
Banned

funny you guys say that because i know someone who brought their grandmother as a caretaker of her grandchild and she was allowed to stay here for a year.

that is the route i was seeking.

now if you are telling me that is not feasible then fine.

i just want to be able have her here as long as possible for temporary amount of time.

she is retired and she doesn't have any intentions of leaving her country permanently.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

funny you guys say that because i know someone who brought their grandmother as a caretaker of her grandchild and she was allowed to stay here for a year.

that is the route i was seeking.

now if you are telling me that is not feasible then fine.

i just want to be able have her here as long as possible for temporary amount of time.

she is retired and she doesn't have any intentions of leaving her country permanently.

Why don't you ask what visa was used...then come back and tell us?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:37 pm
Banned

well i was going to include that on the original post but as it happened years ago, I simply don't know.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

well i was going to include that on the original post but as it happened years ago, I simply don't know.
You don't agree with the advice you have been given in this thread. The example you have given happened years ago. I think our job here is done. Maybe your aunt should contact an immigration lawyer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.