Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 4:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Originally Posted by FairyTale
hmmmmmmmm.................. I thought providing the copies ll be a good idea as in it will be a proof that what i have presented is correct n truth.

So you all think that I should not attach the pp copies at all or it doesnt make any difference to attach or not?
People have given their opinions, now it's up to you to weigh the advice and make a choice.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... it will be a proof that what i have presented is correct n truth.
It will be the truth because you'll sign the application form... and the penalty for lying to gain an immigration benefit could be a lifetime ban from the US. US immigration expects it to be the truth.

So you all think that I should not attach the pp copies at all or it doesnt make any difference to attach or not?
You must decide for yourself.

Ian
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Do I need an invitation letter from my uncle? since I ll be staying at his home?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Do I need an invitation letter from my uncle? since I ll be staying at his home?
No, there's no need for one.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Originally Posted by Marocco
No, there's no need for one.
Thank you Marocco.

Another question: I am going to submit my application in coming week, hopefully on Thursday. I was thinking what if the officer asks me "Do you plan to travel to any other States too during your vacation time? what should be my answer? Reality is i may (most probably yes I will) but I may not also (coz my sis is pregnant and she is hating any idea of travelling). Does it make any difference to the officer that i ll be staying in one state or travelling around?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

oh yet another question: if you travel from one state to another, by air, will you be asked questions at each airport? like what are you doing here? who you are visiting here? where are you staying? etc etc?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Marocco.

Another question: I am going to submit my application in coming week, hopefully on Thursday. I was thinking what if the officer asks me "Do you plan to travel to any other States too during your vacation time? what should be my answer? Reality is i may (most probably yes I will) but I may not also (coz my sis is pregnant and she is hating any idea of travelling). Does it make any difference to the officer that i ll be staying in one state or travelling around?
I think that question is unlikely to come up. Immigration only deals with people travelling to and from the US as a whole, not in and out of individual states. If they ask you whether you'll be travelling around or staying in one place, you could just say you'll probably be travelling but don't have an itinerary yet.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

if you travel from one state to another, by air, will you be asked questions at each airport?
You will not be asked any questions like that on domestic (inside US) flights. Once you're in the US, you are free to travel wherever you want.

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Okay.. welll i applied today and it was denied. Reason being same, 214b, not satisfied with the documents and proofs provided that i ll come back to UAE.

I tried my best but may be my bad luck.

thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions