Wikiposts

Visa wavier program, need advice!

Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Visa wavier program, need advice!

Last edited by celine_uk; Sep 30th 2004 at 1:44 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:53 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Visa wavier program, need advice!

Originally Posted by celine_uk
I’m a British passport holder and Just over a year ago I left England for Canada (Montreal) on a connecting flight from London which stopped at Boston airport, so I entered the US on the Visa wavier program, I didn’t even spent 5 hours in the US and got on my connecting flight to Montreal, my return flight to the UK wasn’t until 4 months later, but I ended up never leaving Canada (I’m now a permanent residence of Canada)

I now want to visit friends in LA but I just realized I never handed my visa wavier form back when I entered Canada ( I still have the visa wavier), I’m now worried that I’ll be refused entry into the USA on visa wavier because I didn’t handed it back to customs officer in Montreal

Am I right in saying this?
thanks!
yeah

There is a address someplace in Kentucky in which you can send proof of leaving the USA (such as a plane ticket) or evidence of habitat abroad showing that you haven't resided in the USA (such as lease agreements / credit card bills / utility bills etc etc)

I'd go find the address for you, but then again, that's what Google is for
it's somewhwere on the www.uscis.gov webshite.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:48 pm
Jozef

Default Re: Visa wavier program, need advice!

"celine_uk" <member10014@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > I'm a British passport holder and Just over a year ago I left England
    > for Canada (Montreal) on a connecting flight from London which stopped
    > at Boston airport, so I entered the US on the Visa wavier program, I
    > didn't even spent 5 hours in the US and got on my connecting flight to
    > Montreal, my return flight to the UK wasn't until 4 months later, but I
    > ended up never leaving Canada (I'm now a permanent residence of Canada)
    > I now want to visit friends in LA but I just realized I never handed my
    > visa wavier form back when I entered Canada ( I still have the visa
    > wavier), I'm now worried that I'll be refused entry into the USA on visa
    > wavier because I didn't handed it back to customs officer in Montreal
    > Am I right in saying this?

To avoid problems you should take proof with you that you left the US on
time. Your ticket would be great. If you don't have it anymore, use anything
else you can find, like a Canadian water bill with your name on it,
whatever.

Immigration officials are human beings and most are susceptible to reason.
Be prepared, but don't worry too much.

Jozef

Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If you are still in possession of the I-94 or I-94W it is your responsibility to ensure that it is surrendered to the appropriate authorities so that your record is corrected and that you do not experience any problems on future travel to the United States as a result.

You are required to complete the back of the card listing the port of departure and date of departure from the United States and the carrier/flight information. The I-94 or I-94W together with a letter of explanation and evidence of your departure from the U.S. should be sent to

ACS - USCIS, SBU, P.O Box 7125,
London, KY 40742-7125,
USA
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 12:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
If you are still in possession of the I-94 or I-94W it is your responsibility to ensure that it is surrendered to the appropriate authorities so that your record is corrected and that you do not experience any problems on future travel to the United States as a result.
One wonders what happens when someone does give an I-94 (W) back to the airline as they should, but the airline never passes it back to the INS/CIS.

With the numbers of people passing through the US, there must be a lot of such cases.

Jeremy
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
One wonders what happens when someone does give an I-94 (W) back to the airline as they should, but the airline never passes it back to the INS/CIS.

With the numbers of people passing through the US, there must be a lot of such cases.

Jeremy

Thank you everyone for your advice so far!  But I have a few question in regards to filling in the back of the visa wavier…….

It asks me to fill in………

PORT? I left at Boston Logan airport, should I just write Boston Logan airport?

DATE? The date I left the US or the date I filled the card in?

CARRIER? The airline I flew with?

FLIGHT #. SHIP NAME? The flight number I left one?

I know this is pretty simple but I don’t want to get this wrong

Thanks again!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Thank you everyone for your advice so far!  But I have a few question in regards to filling in the back of the visa wavier…….
It asks me to fill in………
PORT? I left at Boston Logan airport, should I just write Boston Logan airport?
DATE? The date I left the US or the date I filled the card in?
CARRIER? The airline I flew with?
FLIGHT #. SHIP NAME? The flight number I left one?
I know this is pretty simple but I don’t want to get this wrongThanks again!
YES
YES date of leaving
YES
YES