visa wavier program and marriage

Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:44 pm
Fumer Breakwind

Default visa wavier program and marriage

After travelling back and forth to visit my girl friend in oregon we
decided to tie the knot.
I entered the United States on an I 94w . And am now learning this is
going to be a bumpy ride with the U.S.C.I.S.
Advise please, It would be very much appreciated
Clover

Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa wavier program and marriage

Advice on what - exactly ... can you be more specific on what you're looking for?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fumer Breakwind
After travelling back and forth to visit my girl friend in oregon we
decided to tie the knot.
I entered the United States on an I 94w . And am now learning this is
going to be a bumpy ride with the U.S.C.I.S.
Advise please, It would be very much appreciated
Clover
Can you prove that you had no intention to get married AND STAY when you entered the US? Do you still have a job and accommodation back home? If so, you can probably adjust status from within the US.

If not, make sure you leave before the date on your I-94 and get your wife to file the paperwork for your immigrants visa (not K3 - that would be a poor choice).

If you search for 'bringing spouse to US' at the USCIS site, you should find most the information you need.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:07 am
BlueD

[email protected] wrote:
> After travelling back and forth to visit my girl friend in oregon we
> decided to tie the knot.
> I entered the United States on an I 94w . And am now learning this is
> going to be a bumpy ride with the U.S.C.I.S.
> Advise please, It would be very much appreciated

file your adjustment around the 60th days after you entered the country,
if all the rest is "kosher" the suspect of fraud by itself is not
sufficient to deny your application. Make sure you don't do anything to
prove to USCIS that you actually planned the thing in advance, if you
did. Everything should be ok, if needed google my last messages to the
forum, I linked a letter that explains the situation.

Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueD
file your adjustment around the 60th days after you entered the country,
if all the rest is "kosher" the suspect of fraud by itself is not
sufficient to deny your application. Make sure you don't do anything to
prove to USCIS that you actually planned the thing in advance, if you
did. Everything should be ok, if needed google my last messages to the
forum, I linked a letter that explains the situation.
There is no 60 day rule ...old wives tale ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:48 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There is no 60 day rule ...old wives tale ...
See "9 FAM 40.63 N4.7 Applying the 30/60 Day Rule"

@ http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940063N.pdf
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
See "9 FAM 40.63 N4.7 Applying the 30/60 Day Rule"

@ http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940063N.pdf
Applies to those who hold visas ..not visa waiver ...

And its a State dept rule not USCIS ..

Last edited by Ray; Jul 13th 2007 at 3:59 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:06 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Applies to those who hold visas ..not visa waiver ...

And its a State dept rule not USCIS ..
Dunno Ray. If you read on, it's all over the place. Starts talking about how the INS [sic] deal with it! Still, we all know that managers write policy down and nobody on the front line ever follows it anyway! But it's obvious where the "rumour" came from. And actually, I think it's a pretty good rule to follow should you be tempted to play Russian roulette in this ridiculous gray area of immigration
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:10 pm
Ray

Dunno Ray. If you read on, it's all over the place. Starts talking about how the INS [sic] deal with it! Still, we all know that managers write policy down and nobody on the front line ever follows it anyway! But it's obvious where the "rumour" came from. And actually, I think it's a pretty good rule to follow should you be tempted to play Russian roulette in this ridiculous gray area of immigration
This one goes way back to the Alvena/Dr Steen days ...
Mr F has brought it up many times ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:13 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Yep -- I've it followed with interest. Where has Mr. F gone anyway? Has he become a mere lurker or has he departed for good?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh, credit where credit is due.. that one was PaulGani's issue
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:45 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh, credit where credit is due.. that one was PaulGani's issue
Yes !! and didn't he go on ..
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:46 pm
Ray

Yep -- I've it followed with interest. Where has Mr. F gone anyway? Has he become a mere lurker or has he departed for good?
no idea ..he came back and went again ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:03 pm
Fallen for a country girl

clover will become famous soon enough

Hi Thanks for all the interest and advise.
Well we sat up all night completing our I-130,I-765,I-131,G-325As,I-485 & I-864.What a head ache:curse:
We managed to get a really helpful young lady on the USCIS 1-800 help line.
So I think its all in order.
Its going to be around 60 days anyhow because thats just the way it has worked out. I also learned that the fees are going to more than double after July 30th. And some advise that it should all be posted recorded delivery post marked before that date to avoid the increase.
Should I find a lawyer now or wait? Do I even need one?
Am I required to get a medical test and submit it along with my application , it`s not clear on the instructions ? , it just says when required.
You guys are cool Thanx
Clover
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:06 pm
Fallen for a country girl

clover will become famous soon enough

Sorry bout that
Not too used to these forum thingys and didn`t want to look stupid with my poor spellin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.