Visa Waiver Program

Old Jun 5th 2019, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Englishborn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Waiver Program

Hey everyone, I am wondering if it is possible to extend my stay in America if I entered on the visa waiver program. Not including the 30 day stay that could be approved by the local USCIS director?

I have a newborn that is an American citizen as well if that means anything?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 6:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Waiver Program

Not sure what you mean by '30 day stay'? The VWP gives you up to 90 days entry, not 30.

But no, there's no way to extend that and having a USC child makes no difference.

HTH.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, and the VWP is 90 days or nothing.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure what you mean by '30 day stay'? The VWP gives you up to 90 days entry, not 30.

But no, there's no way to extend that and having a USC child makes no difference.

HTH.

Yeah I’ve been here for 70 days and it says the only way I can extend is for 30 days through the local USCIS director?
Old Jun 5th 2019, 10:46 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You can't extend. If you apply and get denied and the decision comes after the 90 days of your original stay then you have unlawfully remained in the US and will never be able to use the VWP again.

Don't abuse the very generous regulations afforded to VWP users.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from the following website:

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-s...tend-your-stay

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:
  • Visa Waiver Program
Old Jun 5th 2019, 11:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishborn

Yeah I’ve been here for 70 days and it says the only way I can extend is for 30 days through the local USCIS director?
What is "it"? Please post the link.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
You can't extend. If you apply and get denied and the decision comes after the 90 days of your original stay then you have unlawfully remained in the US and will never be able to use the VWP again.

Don't abuse the very generous regulations afforded to VWP users.
my child is more important than regulations!
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

American citizens are allowed to visit the UK for 6 months.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

my child is more important than regulations!
In that case, go ahead and overstay, as long as you understand you can never use the VWP again.

If your child and family are that important, I would think you'd want to abide by the regulations so you can continue visiting them. But that's just me.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In that case, go ahead and overstay, as long as you understand you can never use the VWP again.

If your child and family are that important, I would think you'd want to abide by the regulations so you can continue visiting them. But that's just me.

Rene
I appreciate your trying to help but your advice is not helpful. I already said I know right now of 1 way I can extend my visa and that is through USCIS local director in which they may grant me an extra 30 days in an emergency. I would say this is an emergency. I was wondering if there is another way in which I may be allowed longer.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate your trying to help but your advice is not helpful. I already said I know right now of 1 way I can extend my visa and that is through USCIS local director in which they may grant me an extra 30 days in an emergency. I would say this is an emergency. I was wondering if there is another way in which I may be allowed longer.
I am confused, you say it is an emergency, but you don’t say what the emergency is. Having a child in the US does not give you special treatment as far as the USCIS is concerned. If there is a real emergency, then perhaps they may be understanding, perhaps not.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 6th 2019 at 3:08 am.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:06 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

You should be prepared for the distinct possibility that your idea of what constitutes an emergency and that of officialdom will very likely differ.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:22 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

You should be prepared for the distinct possibility that your idea of what constitutes an emergency and that of officialdom will very likely differ.
I seem to recall that there was some sort of extension for Japanese tourists on VW after the Fukushima nuclear accident, but I think there was none for the Iceland ash cloud that grounded all flights, so that may add some context of what constitutes an emergency in this context.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am confused, you say it is an emergency, but you don’t say what the emergency is. Having a child in the US does not give you special treatment as far as the USCIS is concerned. If there is a real emergency, then perhaps they may be understanding, perhaps not.

I will have a baby that would be less than 2 weeks old. I’m pretty sure that’s an emergency?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.