Wikiposts

visa renewed

Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default visa renewed

just heard an hour ago that our L1 got renewed -so good reason for a celbration tonight.

I need to go back to the UK anyway but whats the process on renewing
do i have to go thru the embassy procedure again all as per the intial stage?

I guess if so i need the 797 and to arrange a date at the embassy ??
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa renewed

Based on my experience was that you will recieve a new I-94 with a 2 year validity from the date the original visa expires together with a I-797-A notice of action which is the extension which is required by the consulate who will stamp the new visa in your passport.
You do not have to leave the country as you will be able to stay legally with your I-94 extension, however if you do leave then while you are out of the country you will have to make an appointment at the consulate for your new visa to be stamped in your passport as your I-94 will have been removed as you leave the country (unless its a hop into Canada)
I had to leave the US 6 weeks after my extension became valid for personal reasons, prior to my departure I made a $16 phone appointment at the US Consulate in London for an interview, at the airport on departure my new I-94 was removed.
At the consulate the interview went smoothly no question of why I was "late" applying for a renewal stamp, I received back my passport 'stamped' with a new 2 year visa, valid back to back date wise from the original 3 year one.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 10:21 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vimto
Based on my experience was that you will recieve a new I-94 with a 2 year validity from the date the original visa expires together with a I-797-A notice of action which is the extension which is required by the consulate who will stamp the new visa in your passport.
You do not have to leave the country as you will be able to stay legally with your I-94 extension, however if you do leave then while you are out of the country you will have to make an appointment at the consulate for your new visa to be stamped in your passport as your I-94 will have been removed as you leave the country (unless its a hop into Canada)
I had to leave the US 6 weeks after my extension became valid for personal reasons, prior to my departure I made a $16 phone appointment at the US Consulate in London for an interview, at the airport on departure my new I-94 was removed.
At the consulate the interview went smoothly no question of why I was "late" applying for a renewal stamp, I received back my passport 'stamped' with a new 2 year visa, valid back to back date wise from the original 3 year one.
a
Old Aug 16th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

so , as the head is a bit thick this morning.

1. 797 and I94 come from USCIS
2. apointment at embassy and new stamp (in London)
3. wait for passport to be couriered back

effectively 2 and 3 all as the initial visa ?

Do I have to do another 'awesome' DS160 ???
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
so , as the head is a bit thick this morning.

1. 797 and I94 come from USCIS
2. apointment at embassy and new stamp (in London)
3. wait for passport to be couriered back

effectively 2 and 3 all as the initial visa ?

Do I have to do another 'awesome' DS160 ???
Yes. (The people at the embassy are all State Department folks, right? Is it correct to say that as far as they're concerned, there is basically no distinction between issuing a visa based on a new petition and issuing one based on a petition for an extension of status? I suppose that, if anything, abiding by the terms of the first visa and then having the extension granted makes you look even more legit.)
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday

just heard an hour ago that our L1 got renewed -so good reason for a celbration tonight.
Congrats
How long did it take from filing to renewal? And did you get RFE?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

filed June 10 (used PP)
RFE issued June 21,
we answered on Aug 5th (the last day allowed, it could have been done sooner but our attorney was a little slow) but not registered until Monday
8th.
approval given Aug 16th.

Premium P was definitely worth it. the wait was excrutiating (visa expires Aug 31) as we didnt know if we were going to have to pack up and leave with little notice, couldnt have gone through the standard process and extra wait.