Visa Refusal

Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Refusal

How can I appeal or what can I do if my wife is refused visa at overseas US Embassy? Does she have to appeal over there or do I appeal to INS over here? Just Curious.
Answers will be appreciated.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Refusal

Originally posted by Black Label
How can I appeal or what can I do if my wife is refused visa at overseas US Embassy? Does she have to appeal over there or do I appeal to INS over here? Just Curious.
Answers will be appreciated.
Appeal? Did you say "appeal"?? On a visa refusal? The answer is simple: none.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not even if it's a K3 visa? WOW!!!
Old Dec 7th 2002, 12:11 am
Mrtravel

Why do you think she will be denied a visa?

Black Label wrote:
    >
    > How can I appeal or what can I do if my wife is refused visa at overseas
    > US Embassy? Does she have to appeal over there or do I appeal to INS
    > over here? Just Curious.
    > Answers will be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Black Label
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 7th 2002, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point

so what else can i do if she is refused k-3 visa..c'mon there must be something that can be done..
Old Dec 7th 2002, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

so what else can i do if she is refused k-3 visa..c'mon there must be something that can be done..
As far as know, it's quite unlikely to be denied a K visa or a IV right away. Usually what happens is that the consulate/embassy will send it back to whoever approves it (INS usually) recommend for review, which means more waiting...... But hopefully, no body will have to be put on that route. That's why it's so important to get everything ready before the BIG day. AND THAT"S WHY IT'S SO HELPFUL FOR ALL OF US IN THE GROUP TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND SHARE INFORMATION WITH EACH OTHER.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 5:14 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

She will not be refused. If documents are missing she will be given an opportunity to produce them. She will eventually get the visa provided she has no criminal record or a communicable disease. Unless, of course, she has applied at the infamous Mumbai Consulate... in which case, all kinds of things can happen!! But even in Mumbai, visas are issued after long delays. Someone, correct me on this last statement, if I'm wrong. If you are a genuine case, quit worrying. Delays, yes. Refusal --- very unlikely!! In my humble opinion, at least.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Ranjini
She will not be refused..... Unless, of course, she has applied at the infamous Mumbai Consulate... in which case, all kinds of things can happen!!

-What kind of things? Elaborate.

But even in Mumbai, visas are issued after long delays. Someone, correct me on this last statement, if I'm wrong.

-You are wrong. Btw, how do you know? Could you substantiate your statement with your own experience at the mumbai consulate, or are you simply adopting someone else's quotes as your own.

-Amys have frightened enough newbies on this forum with her irrational inconsistencies. Tara is out to nurse her bruised ego with a signature campaign to change the consulate. Why are you trying to be like one of them? what's in it for you???

-I am an American who married an indian lady via the K1 route. By the consulate's standards and/or the theories concocted here, we didnt have much in common. We met thru' the Internet and there's a generation gap between us. I have met so many of cases like mine who have sailed thru' that consulate without a hitch -then and now. Unfortunately, this forum has witnessed posts from only those who have had it rough.

-You have a right to post your personal opinions. And I do not have any inate desire to defend any particular consulate. But please dont create fear in the hearts and minds of newcomers in the name of righteousness.

Best,
ralph
Old Dec 7th 2002, 7:56 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by ralph
Originally posted by Ranjini

But even in Mumbai, visas are issued after long delays. Someone, correct me on this last statement, if I'm wrong.

-You are wrong. Btw, how do you know? Could you substantiate your statement with your own experience at the mumbai consulate, or are you simply adopting someone else's quotes as your own.
I have been following the posts of forumers who came through Mumbai because I had a young indian friend who applied there. She got her visa without too much difficulty. She and her fiance did not fall into the so-called "supicious" category, although they too met on the Internet. I am basing my opinion onwhat I read here. Mumbai seems to have acquired a reputation of being a "difficult" consulate.