visa overstay.

Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future
Default Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by Boiler
This is pointless, the LAW allows you to adjust from VWP (ex intent).

The LAW allows you to enter K1/K3 etc and to adjust

If they banned adjusting for those already here on another Visa/VWP how does that secure the borders?? They are already here! If there was eveil intent, too late.

It is just a question of how long it takes you to go through the process, and that could be equalised.
Don't fret over the procedure I outlined.. it ain't happening.. It is only my view. I am not a law maker. This is a forum - Remember?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

what about all the people who come on a visa waiver, get married, then leave to do the K3? should they be sent home for marrying on a visa waiver and made to stay there too?

seems to me this topic has gone way off track now- i feel sorry for the OP who just wanted some advice and caused an 11 page bitchfight about it
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
seems to me this topic has gone way off track now- i feel sorry for the OP who just wanted some advice and caused an 11 page bitchfight about it
Its just a troll ..its not real ......
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Then you have some particular insight to share as to the identity of this particular OP? Anything you'd like to share? I think it's fair to remember that we Americans have a deficient sense of humo(u)r.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:02 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Even so, there were some lessons learnt and advice given that perhaps someone else can use. I certainly didn't realise how limited the rights of unmarried fathers are in the UK compared to the US.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Then you have some particular insight to share as to the identity of this particular OP? Anything you'd like to share? I think it's fair to remember that we Americans have a deficient sense of humo(u)r.
No idea who it is .... Your the ones with the info ... I am just a humble old country boy ...
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:17 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Even so, there were some lessons learnt and advice given that perhaps someone else can use. I certainly didn't realise how limited the rights of unmarried fathers are in the UK compared to the US.
yes there were some good points raised. i am sure that in another few weeks the same things will be hashed out again, when the next person asks the dreaded question.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:30 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
yes there were some good points raised. i am sure that in another few weeks the same things will be hashed out again, when the next person asks the dreaded question.
I don't make hash, I just serve up what I've got and that's it
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Or maybe the next time a real person posts the question, people answering will consider this 11 pages of hateful back and forthing and wonder if this is a desired outcome.
Other than snowbunny's new knowledge, I don't see that anyone changed their opinion or learned much new. Except maybe how to stir the pot for the amusement of a few.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
what about all the people who come on a visa waiver, get married, then leave to do the K3? should they be sent home for marrying on a visa waiver and made to stay there too?

your question makes no sense.

Currently people that come on a visa waver and marry are suppose to go back to their country and K3.. so what is your question.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie

Currently people that come on a visa waver and marry are suppose to go back to their country and K3.. so what is your question.
Hi Duckie,

Just to clear up what her Q was....previously you had said that no one on the VWP should be allowed to obtain a marriage license, period.

Her question was, in that case, how could a person who is here on the VWP get married and then return home to process the visa (as is the correct way).

The method you proposed about anyone on the VWP not being able to get a marriage license would also rule out those people here on the VWP who DO intend to go back after marriage and pursue the visa.

Just clearing up the Q

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:24 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie

ok i did tell one of the mods that i was not going to contribute to these threads anymore.. but your are just to stupid to shut up when you have not got a clue what you are on about... if someone enters the usa with no intent to marry at the time of entry.. they are within the law to adjust status they do not have to go back to there own country and get a k-3. you may not like that people do this, but immigration do not see a problem. to any one reading this who is in the usa and has married on the visa waiver see an attorney, they are the best people to advice you not some immigration forum.. to you duckie i am done arguing the subject with you.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you do not need lawyer, unless you have issues.

Most people who are here on a non marriage Visa/VWP and marry a USC adjust and stay with no problems.

And of course there are those who just want to do the Las Vegas thing etc and have no intent on staying at all.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Other than snowbunny's new knowledge, I don't see that anyone changed their opinion or learned much new. Except maybe how to stir the pot for the amusement of a few.
True, but where else would I be able to get such great entertainment at no charge? This has been a more amusing thread than any I remember in the past few months. I just love it when people implode!

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:06 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This has been a more amusing thread than any I remember in the past few months.

Ian
Hmmm. I didnt find this one as amusing... I enjoy one with more humor and sarcasm. This one just felt angry.

Marnee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.