visa overstay.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

timeofmylife will become famous soon enough
Default visa overstay.

I came in on a the visa waiver and i have overstayed it by two years. I have 1child that came with me, she has not seen her dad since she was born 8 years ago. so i guess i don't need his permission for her to stay here with me.
I met a nice american guy 6 months ago and we got married 3 weeks ago, what do i have to do now to make myself and my daughter legal.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default visa overstay.

Originally Posted by timeofmylife
I came in on a the visa waiver and i have overstayed it by two years. I have 1child that came with me, she has not seen her dad since she was born 8 years ago. so i guess i don't need his permission for her to stay here with me.
I met a nice american guy 6 months ago and we got married 3 weeks ago, what do i have to do now to make myself and my daughter legal.
Do you have a greencard?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Do you have a greencard?

no i don't. how do i get one?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:18 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

no i don't. how do i get one?
look in the magical immigration forums.

all the answers to life as we know it are revealed in there.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
look in the magical immigration forums.

all the answers to life as we know it are revealed in there.
Sorry but i didn't want to ask in there as i no they can be a bit hostile to people who come in on the vwp and marry.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:36 pm
ImHere

Sorry but i didn't want to ask in there as i no they can be a bit hostile to people who come in on the vwp and marry.

Because most people here have spent a long long time and a lot of money doing things the legal way rather than ****ing around with the system in blatant disregard to the law.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Because most people here have spent a long long time and a lot of money doing things the legal way rather than fucking around with the system in blatant disregard to the law.
There is nothing inherently illegal about marrying a US citizen after arriving her on a visa waiver ... that was very harsh to the dozy cow...
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:41 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Which way is faster to get the greencard?

A. Legal Way
B. Fucking around the system with blatant disregard to the law

Oh yeah... is one cheaper than the other?
Sadly I only have experience of the legal route but maybe the OP could answer for option B?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:56 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
You need to file the appropriate paperwork to adjust your status here in the
USA. I am not sure how the kid thing works though. I know you file paperwork called petition for Alien Relative, but since YOU are the foreigner and it's YOUR child, he's the one that does that. I have never seen or heard about anyone adjusting status on a VWP that also includes that they have their kid with them. This sounds like a situation for a good immigration attorney.
i adjusted status from the vwp with 2 kids..
you just do paper work for the kids the same as you do for yourself.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
i adjusted status from the vwp with 2 kids..
you just do paper work for the kids the same as you do for yourself.
Was this before or after you got the greencard?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:06 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Now bloody Wyoming is Chav infestered ...now you know who the breeder is ...damn women never has a headache ... if she just said NO ..once a week it would help ...

RAY..........P*** OFF
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ImHere
Thats very true. I should appologise to her immediately...I wont though since what the the turd did was morally wrong if not exactly illegal. Although Im sure she had no intention of overstaying the vwp too find a suitable USC spouse at all.
i was living with the person who is now my spouse, 2months after i entered on the vwp. so no i didn't overstay to find a usc spouse. we just didn't get married immediately. so what have i done that is morally wrong?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
You need to file the appropriate paperwork to adjust your status here in the
USA. I am not sure how the kid thing works though. I know you file paperwork called petition for Alien Relative, but since YOU are the foreigner and it's YOUR child, he's the one that does that. I have never seen or heard about anyone adjusting status on a VWP that also includes that they have their kid with them. This sounds like a situation for a good immigration attorney.

thankyou for your reply.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

so what have i done that is morally wrong?
Violated the VWP rules by remaining inside the US after your 90 days were up?

Elaine
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:53 pm
Guest21

thankyou for your reply.

Just file the normal paperwork as Candy wy stated she is perfectaly correct in her statement.

Whiskers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.