visa overstay.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:58 pm
Guest21

Default Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by timeofmylife
i was living with the person who is now my spouse, 2months after i entered on the vwp. so no i didn't overstay to find a usc spouse. we just didn't get married immediately. so what have i done that is morally wrong?
Do you meen you got married after 2 months here or after the 90days?
Just remeber that when you submit those forms you DO NOT lie or try and hide anything.
Whiskers

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

PHILLY2004 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
JUST BE CERTAIN that you do NOT LEAVE THE USA under any circumstances UNTIL you get your status adjusted since you have overstayed by more than 180 days. You would be subjected to a 10 year ban I believe. I am not even sure if you would be able to apply for an Advance Parole Document. Maybe someone that has more experience with this can help.

No don't waste your money applying for advance Parole.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHILLY2004
No don't waste your money applying for advance Parole.
That's right. If you apply and pay the fee, they will process your paperwork and issue the AP. It's not up to them to determine whether you qualify for it. It's up to you to know if you are able to use it or not. In this case, I say not.

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:37 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but i didn't want to ask in there as i no they can be a bit hostile to people who come in on the vwp and marry.
We're not all big meanies! Here, let me point you in the right direction. This is a link to some detailed information about how to proceed:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?pg=i130guide2

Good Luck!
Marnee
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but i didn't want to ask in there as i no they can be a bit hostile to people who come in on the vwp and marry.
And clearly the USA posters were so kind...

Sucks that we have this sucky reputation, dontcha think?
Seriously folks, this has come up several times in the recent past. To the point of PMs/emails from posters too uncomfortable to ask their questions on the board.
I can be as flip and sarcastic as the next person (well, I've met my match here at least) but I'm having a Human Moment and asking us all to consider answering as we would like to be answered. Trust me, we do *not* see the dumbest of the dumb posting on this group.

Let's cut a little slack for our newcomers and drive bys.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by meauxna
And clearly the USA posters were so kind...

Let's cut a little slack for our newcomers and drive bys.
Ok ..
Pondering... Pondering... Pondering.... Nope, can't help myself - I held off long enough...

SHE OVERSTAYED with a CHILD and its BLOOMING WRONG.... The child apparenlty is school age, so how in the bleeding world did this kid get into school these past 2 years?

Ok ...got it off me chest.. going back to observing..
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:54 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
Ok ..
Pondering... Pondering... Pondering.... Nope, can't help myself - I held off long enough...

SHE OVERSTAYED with a CHILD and its BLOOMING WRONG.... The child apparenlty is school age, so how in the bleeding world did this kid get into school these past 2 years?

Ok ...got it off me chest.. going back to observing..

thats an easy one to answer she walked into the school and registered the child.. the child then starts school.

Last edited by candy wy.; Apr 18th 2005 at 10:57 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:46 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

i was living with the person who is now my spouse, 2months after i entered on the vwp. so no i didn't overstay to find a usc spouse. we just didn't get married immediately. so what have i done that is morally wrong?

Marrying under the VWP and AOS is something that pisses loads of people off.. just because they took longer routes to get here.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm
Good Luck!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They don't do background checks for kids when they register at school. It's apparently illegal for a school to ask the status of a child. I saw this on TV when they were doing that Illegal Mexican show.
Come on guys, you know WE ALL HAVE OUR Particular situations. Period. We are here to help and I know some of you get really pissed off with Overstayers etc, but you, we, they, ALL of us are HUMAN BEINGS OK?
Just a tiny bit of respect and no stone throwing.
So waht happens?

I registered my Grandaughter for pre school.

SSN
Birth Cert
Medical

Copies taken of each.

So do you just say you do not have a SSN and that's OK?

There was a lady who wanted to send her child to school when she was here on a B2, she was repeatedly told not poss, sounds like it was.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

In your first post you said:
I came in on a the visa waiver and i have overstayed it by two years. I have 1child that came with me, she has not seen her dad since she was born 8 years ago. so i guess i don't need his permission for her to stay here with me.
I met a nice american guy 6 months ago and we got married 3 weeks ago, what do i have to do now to make myself and my daughter legal.
In a subsequent post you said:
Forgive me but I'm a bit confused. Did you enter in 2002/2003, meet someone in Nov 2004, and get married 3 weeks ago

-OR-

Did you enter in 2002/2003, move in with your now-spouse 2 months later, then marry 3 weeks ago after 2 years of cohabitation?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hcj1440
In your first post you said:

In a subsequent post you said:

Forgive me but I'm a bit confused. Did you enter in 2002/2003, meet someone in Nov 2004, and get married 3 weeks ago

-OR-

Did you enter in 2002/2003, move in with your now-spouse 2 months later, then marry 3 weeks ago after 2 years of cohabitation?
I got from the OP that she was here for 2 years, met someone only 6 months ago and married 3 weeks ago. So who knows where she has been living all these years ( it doesn't matter to me). The fact that she overstayed (for what ever reason), with a child and only now got married clearly gives one reason to doubt if the marriage was for valid reason. It appears she found her ticket in to remain but .. come on... it looks "if'y" to me.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:42 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Forgive me but I'm a bit confused.
The timelines absolutely don't match up. According to the OP:

24 months ago -- OP & child entered the US

22 months ago -- OP & child started living with her now-husband

6 months ago -- OP met her now-husband

3 weeks ago -- OP married her now-husband

So, the question is... How could the OP start living with her husband 16 months BEFORE she even met him?

That's pretty amazing!!

~ Jenney
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
The timelines absolutely don't match up. According to the OP:
24 months ago -- OP & child entered the US
22 months ago -- OP & child started living with her now-husband
6 months ago -- OP met her now-husband
3 weeks ago -- OP married her now-husband
So, the question is... How could the OP start living with her husband 16 months BEFORE she even met him?
That's pretty amazing!!~ Jenney
All done by the modern miracle of bullshit and crap ...
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:07 pm
David9287

Come on guys, you know WE ALL HAVE OUR Particular situations. Period. We are here to help and I know some of you get really pissed off with Overstayers etc, but you, we, they, ALL of us are HUMAN BEINGS OK?
Just a tiny bit of respect and no stone throwing.
Hello,
IMHO, Overstayers should be "tossed" out. Put on a plane, boat, train and well, bah bye! The US Gov is nice enough to let them into the country only to have that "privilage" abused.... shame on them! Respect....? Respect....? How bout "they" respect the terms of their Visa, how bout "they" respect the laws of this country? Just a thought! ;-) I don't even need to address the issue of getting married on the VWP.... (no comment) but the fact she over- stayed her visa is enough to make me a little leary about her credibility. It's like cheating... or being dishonest and I don't respect that at all. I can hear it now, "well I didn't know my visa expired." That is disingenuous at best.
davidM

Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:54 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David9287
Hello,
IMHO, Overstayers should be "tossed" out. Put on a plane, boat, train and well, bah bye! The US Gov is nice enough to let them into the country only to have that "privilage" abused.... shame on them! Respect....? Respect....? How bout "they" respect the terms of their Visa, how bout "they" respect the laws of this country? Just a thought! ;-) I don't even need to address the issue of getting married on the VWP.... (no comment) but the fact she over- stayed her visa is enough to make me a little leary about her credibility. It's like cheating... or being dishonest and I don't respect that at all. I can hear it now, "well I didn't know my visa expired." That is disingenuous at best.
davidM

Hey David:
You know I like you but you shouldn't generalize, Every situation is different and should be analyzed differently, I know the OP can't get her story to match but let's not start another fight, it is only Wednesday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.