Visa Medical advice

Old Jul 13th 2012, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Rachie0711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Medical advice

Hi All,

I have my medical at the end of July and I am wondering if anyone can help me with two things.

I am a little concerned as I have self harmed twice as a teenager (two small cuts that you can barely see) and suffered with anxiety for about four months in 2009. I have done my research and have my letter from doctor explaining this. He has stated my prognosis for the future looks good and I have no recurring anxiety/depressive symptoms. He also stated that my self harming was in my teenage years and did not form part of my adult presentation. From those who may have had recent experience, is a doctors letter alone enough in this instance? Do I need to tick the depression question on the questionnaire as it was not clinical depression/anxiety disorder but a reactive thing to leaving university and then being made unemployed.

Also, I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have been told I must have an x-ray done to detect TB. Has any other pregnant applicants had experience of this? Do they offer a lead shield willingly?

I am just very scared about this whole experience. It has been a long journey getting to this point and I would hate for it to go wrong with a baby on the way and a husband on the other side of the world.

Thank you so much in advance for your help guys
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Medical advice

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...is-ti-2009.pdf
Bottom of page 5.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rachie0711
... I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have been told I must have an x-ray done to detect TB. Has any other pregnant applicants had experience of this? Do they offer a lead shield willingly?