Visa lottery immig visa

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:30 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road
Default Visa lottery immig visa

My finacee won the visa lottery.But the problem is she can't continue the application because she is pregnant and she can't do some medical requirements for example x ray etc..
We wrote a letter to the embassy to extend her interview date but they replied and said all lottery applications must be completed by sept 2006 and interviewed.And they said by the end f the month the number would be returned back to the U.S.My fiancce is expecting around october.Now we are confused of what to do.We are thinking of writing to the lottery dvvisa dept in the U.S for extension has anybody done this before?
Any ideas what could be done.
Thanks alot
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa lottery immig visa

Originally Posted by ige
My finacee won the visa lottery.But the problem is she can't continue the application because she is pregnant and she can't do some medical requirements for example x ray etc.
IIRC, there are medical exceptions and exemptions for exactly this reason.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:49 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
I recollect exactly the same thing and again have no definitive proof it is true, but it would seem to make sense.

If you delay on the lottery past the cut-off date, it will be almost impossible to get the visa. Also, if you delay till the last minute and the numbers are up, you're similarly SOL. This requires action *now*. Writing to the embassy will do no good. Either research yourself or get one of those pricey attorneys.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:51 am
ige
Forum Regular

Ian thanks very much for the reply.
What is IIRC can you please explain.
And what should be done
should we write to them and where specifically.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
What is IIRC can you please explain.
IIRC = if I remember correctly.

And what should be done should we write to them and where specifically.
I have no idea what should be done... I never actually had this issue, but the chest x-ray usually checks for tuberculosis. I'm guessing a skin test can be done if an x-ray is medically contraindicated.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:15 am
ige
Forum Regular

So what i understood is there is still a possibility to extend it.I hope to find someone with the same issue.

IIRC = if I remember correctly.

I have no idea what should be done... I never actually had this issue, but the chest x-ray usually checks for tuberculosis. I'm guessing a skin test can be done if an x-ray is medically contraindicated.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
So what i understood is there is still a possibility to extend it.I hope to find someone with the same issue.

The doctor will extend the time necessary to take the x-ray if s/he believes it necessary. this may involve her having to have the x-ray at a later date. But if you don't go to the medical and the interview, the embassy won't wait on you. It sounds to me as if you've already got the number but are in danger of losing it. The embassy won't care that you were procrastinating. Also, don't know how you're coming -- there's no provision for a fiance but there is one for a spouse.

"What if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you are required to have a medical exam, but some parts of it may be postponed until after delivery of your baby, depending on the circumstances of your case. If you have any concerns, you should discuss them with your family doctor before the medical exam, with the Civil Surgeon, or with the Panel Physician. "
Source:http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#whatif
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 3:53 am
Septicity

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-civil.pdf
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:46 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Immunisations may also be an issue, but you may not need them if you've already had them anyway.
As far as I'm aware there are other tests for tb save the x-ray but this may be a requirement (the x-ray) of the US govt in which case the OP had better get of his arse and make some enquiries other than on here.

To the OP - I strongly recommend that you do not f**k this up - the DV lottery program saves so much hassle that its unbelievable if you are lucky enough to be chosen.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:00 am
Longtime Lurker

scotta will become famous soon enoughscotta will become famous soon enough

I won DV2005 and my wife was also pregnant. We had to have the x-ray done so the radiologist placed a lead jacket over the uterus as they only need the chest x-ray. I would advise you to do this ASAP as it is a lot easier to do this while the baby is still small.

We also lost our number for the current month and were able to get a new number by the 22nd of the next month. We were only given 12hours to get to the embassy though.

All in all well worth it, my daughter was born in the USA an automatically has dual citizenship.

Scott
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I recollect exactly the same thing and again have no definitive proof it is true, but it would seem to make sense.

If you delay on the lottery past the cut-off date, it will be almost impossible to get the visa. Also, if you delay till the last minute and the numbers are up, you're similarly SOL. This requires action *now*. Writing to the embassy will do no good. Either research yourself or get one of those pricey attorneys.
Yep, wifey was 6 months gone with #1, and didn't have any x-rays, the TB test and one other test which I can't recall. The examiner said that she might have to do them at a later date, but she was never asked to and the I140/485's were approved. I think the best course of action would be to go get the medical, letting the doc know she is pregnant. Don't delay as you are running short of time....
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:25 pm
Amanda

ige wrote:
    > > IIRC = if I remember correctly.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I have no idea what should be done... I never actually had this issue,
    > > but the chest x-ray usually checks for tuberculosis. I'm guessing a
    > > skin test can be done if an x-ray is medically contraindicated.
    > >
    > > Ian
    > So what i understood is there is still a possibility to extend it.I hope
    > to find someone with the same issue.

You should be asking the embassy tellign them she is pregnant and they
will should have instrcution or her to follow.

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:41 pm
ige
Forum Regular

Amanda we wrote to the embassy and we asked for an extension.But they said her no would be returned back at the end of the month and they won't be able to guarantee
a new visa number when she would like to be interviewed.
Her expecting due date is September ending and and thats the month they said all DV lottery applications must be completed.

Originally Posted by Amanda
ige wrote:
    > > IIRC = if I remember correctly.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I have no idea what should be done... I never actually had this issue,
    > > but the chest x-ray usually checks for tuberculosis. I'm guessing a
    > > skin test can be done if an x-ray is medically contraindicated.
    > >
    > > Ian
    > So what i understood is there is still a possibility to extend it.I hope
    > to find someone with the same issue.

You should be asking the embassy tellign them she is pregnant and they
will should have instrcution or her to follow.

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:11 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by ige
Amanda we wrote to the embassy and we asked for an extension.But they said her no would be returned back at the end of the month and they won't be able to guarantee
a new visa number when she would like to be interviewed.
Her expecting due date is September ending and and thats the month they said all DV lottery applications must be completed.

Here's the simple truth:

If the gf doesn't get to the medical and she doesn't keep the interview, your gf won't get the visa. Just tell her to go to the medical and then to the interview. Don't reschedule, just get it done! She can query the X-ray with the doc and/or the radioligist. You will be way out of time if you wait for the birth.

The DV is the bestest visa bar none. If you throw it away pissing about when you actually want to live in America, it is indeed a great waste.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:32 am
Jackie

This is from the http://warsaw.usembassy.gov/poland/examinations.html

'Pregnant visa applicants do not provide a chest X-ray. Immunizations for
pregnant women are done only at their wish and upon the recommendation of
the panel physician -- never using "live vaccine." '

???

Does every embassy have its own rules?

Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.