Visa and LLC Business Question

Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

daveyboy1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa and LLC Business Question

Hi, this could be a bit of a tricky question - be great to get some advice on my position.

I'm here on an 0-1 Visa. My husband is too and has just had an Approved Greencard letter through the post. However, because of the backlog (1+ year min) we are going to have to renew our Visas in order to stay in the country. We are doing this very soon.
I have a LLC business. My petition may not be as strong as before I came over. Not sure. If, for whatever reason, I get denied do I have to close my LLC? Once my husbands GC comes through then I'd be fine to have it, right, even if I didn't get my Visa renewed. My issue, concern, is that I want to ensure everything is by the book so wondering what I'd need to do if worse case scenario happens. If I find out I'm denied a renewal, will I have to leave the country straight away and close my business straight away too? I have no idea and my lawyer doesn't seem to know either.

Any advice would be a huge help.
Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa and LLC Business Question

Are you also on your husband green card application?

I don't know the answer but I'm surprised your lawyer doesn't! Have a consultation with a different lawyer to get an answer.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2019, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Hi, yes I am on that application. Thanks

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Are you also on your husband green card application?

I don't know the answer but I'm surprised your lawyer doesn't! Have a consultation with a different lawyer to get an answer.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:19 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Are you actually here on an O1, or a derivative O2? They aren't the same thing.

Either way, if you don't have work authorization you can't work. That said, just because you can't work doesn't mean you can't hire someone else to do the work required for your LLC, or that it can't just sit there until you get your EAD from the GC application.

You aren't 'required' in any way to shut it down.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi, it’s a O-1 Visa. Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2019, 5:03 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveyboy1984
Hi, it’s a O-1 Visa. Thanks
Are two of you posting on the same account? It seems a little confusing looking back on your posting history.