Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

which visa for lengthy stays in the US

which visa for lengthy stays in the US

Old May 30th 2012, 1:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa for lengthy stays in the US

Originally Posted by ihe
Let me rephrase the question to be sure. If my job is in the UK with a UK based firm can I work remotely FOR MY UK BASED FIRM whilst in the US on a B-2.
Old May 30th 2012, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The answer to life itself
Old May 30th 2012, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Originally Posted by DavidLemon
The answer to life itself
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:19 am
ihe
Forum Regular

ihe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JSL8610
You can keep rephrasing the question, but it's not going to get you the answer you want. You may not work while inside the US on a B2 visa. Even for a UK employer paying you in GBP to a UK bank account.

James
The answer I wanted was the correct one. I believe I now have it. Thanks List.
Old May 30th 2012, 7:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ihe
The answer I wanted was the correct one. I believe I now have it. Thanks List.
But what about the question?
Old May 31st 2012, 5:26 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ihe
May I confirm. If my job is in the UK with a UK based firm can I work remotely whilst in the US on a B-2.
No, but that's not really the right question, because you've said you've entered as B-2. De minimis non curat lex - if you answer a simple query from your foreign office, no-one is going to care.

If you enter as a visitor for business, i.e. B-1, then the limitations of that category as spelled out in Hira and other caselaw apply.