Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gary Hipperson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Hey Guys so after 2 1/2 years my CR1 Visa interview and medical are finnally coming up soon. Lots of excitement and Nerves are flying around my head!

I live in London and will be attending the US embassy here. I am getting things ready for both and I wondered if anybody would have any advice and tips on things to plan for, Like the requirements for the photos our passport photos are not the size that they ask for 2"by 2" where can I get ones this size in?? and stuff like that any peoples experiences would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Gary
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Originally Posted by Gary Hipperson
Hey Guys so after 2 1/2 years my CR1 Visa interview and medical are finnally coming up soon. Lots of excitement and Nerves are flying around my head!

I live in London and will be attending the US embassy here. I am getting things ready for both and I wondered if anybody would have any advice and tips on things to plan for, Like the requirements for the photos our passport photos are not the size that they ask for 2"by 2" where can I get ones this size in?? and stuff like that any peoples experiences would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Gary
Snappy Snaps will do US sized photos, and I believe Goulds Pharmacy near the US Embassy (where people often store their electronics) do to. There is also a photo-booth inside the Embassy itself but I seen it reported here that it's often out of order.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpjs
Snappy Snaps will do US sized photos, and I believe Goulds Pharmacy near the US Embassy (where people often store their electronics) do to. There is also a photo-booth inside the Embassy itself but I seen it reported here that it's often out of order.
Thanks!! i actually work on regent st so its perfect for me!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Remeber you are not allowed mobile phones in the embassy, so leave it at home or goulds pharmacy will hold it for you in a locker for 10pounds.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

shent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really nice

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Remeber you are not allowed mobile phones in the embassy, so leave it at home or goulds pharmacy will hold it for you in a locker for 10pounds.
Medical was pretty straight forward, questionnaire- 1 jab (which cost me £37 )- chest xray- physcial examination-£247 please. Easy stuff.

The interview was just as straight forward. I took nothing in but my paperwork in a see through folder, my car keys, wallet & watch. I just had regular passport photos from a photography shop, they weren't 2"x2" but no one seemed to care. In my interview, they took copies of my full birth cert and my police cert, then asked how me & my fiancee met, where we'd be living, what we both do for work, etc. Nothing to catch you out. I paid for the courier and 6 days later, I had my passport back with the visa in.

****My only words of advice though. The guy at the embassy googled me, and my Linkedin profile came up, which had me listed as living in the US already. He was not impressed & checked me to see if I'd been breaking any immigration laws by working out there. If you have any social networks, websites, blogs, etc. which may cause the CO to assume you've been doing something you shouldn't have, get rid of them prior to the interview. It may delay the processing of your visa and cause you a more headaches than you need to have****
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shent
Medical was pretty straight forward, questionnaire- 1 jab (which cost me £37 )- chest xray- physcial examination-£247 please. Easy stuff.

The interview was just as straight forward. I took nothing in but my paperwork in a see through folder, my car keys, wallet & watch. I just had regular passport photos from a photography shop, they weren't 2"x2" but no one seemed to care. In my interview, they took copies of my full birth cert and my police cert, then asked how me & my fiancee met, where we'd be living, what we both do for work, etc. Nothing to catch you out. I paid for the courier and 6 days later, I had my passport back with the visa in.

****My only words of advice though. The guy at the embassy googled me, and my Linkedin profile came up, which had me listed as living in the US already. He was not impressed & checked me to see if I'd been breaking any immigration laws by working out there. If you have any social networks, websites, blogs, etc. which may cause the CO to assume you've been doing something you shouldn't have, get rid of them prior to the interview. It may delay the processing of your visa and cause you a more headaches than you need to have****
Thats great info, Can I ask what paperwork you had, The info I have in the interview notification letter is confusing to me? its causing alot of anxiety!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great info, Can I ask what paperwork you had, The info I have in the interview notification letter is confusing to me? its causing alot of anxiety!
Gary, your paperwork will be unique to you. If YOU want to post the list of what you have, or tell us what is confusing you (the list is posted online as well) you are welcome to do that. But please don't ask people to type out for the millionth time the information you already have.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

shent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really nice

The only things that applied to me were the full UK birth certificate, my passport, the affidavit of support (form I-134), police certificate & the passport sized photographs.
Although, if it applies to you, you'll need your adoption certificate, previous marriage certs and proof of termination, any court or prison records. If they don't apply to you, dont worry about them.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Gary, your paperwork will be unique to you. If YOU want to post the list of what you have, or tell us what is confusing you (the list is posted online as well) you are welcome to do that. But please don't ask people to type out for the millionth time the information you already have.
Im asking for help not a telling off.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Im asking for help not a telling off.
I'm looking out for all the other users; you're looking out for yourself.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
If anything this post has made me feel embarrassed and unwelcome.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

The only things that applied to me were the full UK birth certificate, my passport, the affidavit of support (form I-134), police certificate & the passport sized photographs.
Although, if it applies to you, you'll need your adoption certificate, previous marriage certs and proof of termination, any court or prison records. If they don't apply to you, dont worry about them.
Thanks, Thats is helpful I have a really confusing letter that says to bring everything, even if they have already received it!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Thats is helpful I have a really confusing letter that says to bring everything, even if they have already received it!
http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

That will tell you exactly what you need. I assume all the rest of your documents were fine an in order if you've been scheduled a embassy interview, so it can't hurt to take them too if it gives you peace of mind.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

That will tell you exactly what you need. I assume all the rest of your documents were fine an in order if you've been scheduled a embassy interview, so it can't hurt to take them too if it gives you peace of mind.
Thanks This link really Helped
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks This link really Helped
Now I have the medical and with regards to vaccination reports my Dr surgery gave me my entire medical records from birth but no separate vaccination record. The medical records do have my vaccinations from when i was a child, and any resent boosters. I have not had the MMR or a TB vaccination. But as a child I had the Mumps and did have a measles immunisation. All this is in my records what do you think will happen? will they make me have them all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.